“Always wanted to try”

Flo's Steamed Hot Dogs
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Cape Neddick
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have drove by here for years. Well this year we were definitely going to stop and try the hot dogs. We were glad it was raining because the line was alot shorter than we had seen in the past. The women working was friendly and worked very hard to get her orders out to her customers. We were unsure if we would like them. But we were pleasantly surprised how good they were. They were definitely different from hot dogs we had. But we enjoyed then and would have them again.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

What a fun experience! Our daughter had eaten there the day before & thoroughly enjoyed the experience, so we headed there for lunch the next day. Fortunately for us, there were only a few people ahead of us, as this little place gets packed! There are instructions posted on the wall for ordering & after going through the line, I can see why. To me, that is part of the experience! Please note -cash only! There are sides to add to your steamed hotdog meal, so you certainly won’t go hungry. The most popular hotdog choice is the House Special. Delish. Flo’s relish is available for purchase. It’s more of a carmelized onion relish, rather than a pickle relish. There is a small picnic area alongside the building but parking is pretty limited. Although I’ve seen the cars parked all along the road where the “no parking “ signs are! It’s a fun experience & a must try when visiting southern Maine.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We tried Flo’s today after reading all the great reviews. We were not overly impressed. The hot dogs are very small and really not much to them. The homemade relish is just ok. I also thought it was pretty unappetizing that the two ladies working don’t wear gloves while making the food. I wouldn’t go back.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We were intrigued with the size of the line and decided to stop one afternoon. The have published instructions on how to order, which I read and was prepared to follow. However, when it’s your turn everyone in the place waiting turns and stares. It reminds me very much of the Soup amazing experience from Seinfeld.

The hot dogs weren’t at all to our liking. However, with how many people who were there we seem to be in the minority.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Great little slice of history here! The location is tiny with just one lady working there so be patient and know what you want. There are some tables outside but nothing indoors. Parking is very limited so be careful pulling in. The hotdogs truly are awesome! Their relish and celery salt really gives the hotdogs a whole new flavor. This is a must stop location!