Hotel U Kvapilu(Mnichovo Hradiste)
US$79
Hotel Galatea(Kosmonosy)
US$136
Hotel Plaza(Mlada Boleslav)
US$112
Sand Martin(Mlada Boleslav)
US$120
  • Restaurant
Hotel La Romantica(Mlada Boleslav)
US$113
Hotel Zlaty kohout(Mlada Boleslav)
US$81
Hotel Stekl(Hruba Skala)
US$113
Hotel U Hroznu(Mnichovo Hradiste)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 March 2017

I stayed in this hotel twice for business trips.
The rooms are big and clean, just try to avoid the ones with the windows right in front of the road (May be noisy).
The staff is very kind and polite.
free wifi and free parking places are available.
Breakfast is very much convenient.

There is also a restaurant, located in a kind of cave, the atmosphere is amazing and the food very good (my colleague and I tried the meat and it was delicious)

There is also a SPA but I did not have the time to try it.

In case I will be again in the area I will surely come back here

Room Tip: avoid room with windows right in front the road, they may be noisy
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Petr C, Vlastník at Hotel Maly Pivovar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I booked the "Shooting Stay" at Maly Pivovar last autumn as a birthday present for my partner. From the pictures and the description I expected something special and nice but in the end we were both very disappointed. We actually decided to leave early on Saturday afternoon, relinquishing the "Beer Bath" and the second night.
Why were we so disappointed? Because of two major facts:
The SKALA restaurant, which is part of the hotel/restaurant complex turned out to be the most unprofessionally run place I have seen in a while. When you book a package, like we did, a three course menu at the SKALA is part of the package. So we went to have dinner.
First experience: There are seven set menus to choose from, when you have the package deal. These seven menus all come either with desert A or desert B. My partner, who is not terribly tolerant to lactose, asked if she could switch her desert (mainly built around ice cream) for the other, the pancake based desert that was obviously available for the other menus. The waitress frowned upon the request and sent over the head waiter who then explained to us that we can of course have the pancake desert, but we would have to pay for it. No way in hell it would be possible to just switch one desert for another one. So basically we had already paid for two deserts (in the package) and now they asked us to pay for three in order to get the two deserts we really wanted. That was already a bit bizarre.
The main course eventually arrived and make no mistake: It was really good and enjoyable. But obviously our request to switch deserts had thrown the waitress off the tracks so badly that she never came back to our table. We were not able to order drinks for the meal, which resulted in us sitting through the meal without drinks. Once we had finished, I still felt like trying one of the in-house-brewery beers. Not a faint chance. We sat in front of our our finished plates for about 45 minutes, then we decided to leave. So in the end: No desert at all :-)
The next day we left for our visit Liberec to visit the shooting range. The shooting experience was fun and well organized. The company is not related or affiliated to the hotel.
When we returned to the hotel we felt like having a bite. The hotel restaurant (which has the identical menu and is supplied from the same kitchen like the SKALA) turned out to be closed. So we went for the SKALA again. It was Saturday afternoon, around 2:45PM and the place was anything but brimming with guests. After some minutes of discussions with the head waiter (different person from the day before) we were told that since we had no reservation they were unable to accomodate or serve us. And by the way: We were also told that we had no reservation for the evening either. Which was the opposite of what the hotel reception had told us. My partner speaks the local language btw, but this didn't help either.
You have to bear in mind that the Maly Pivovar is located in a village, about 25 kms away from any major place. The SKALA is your only option since the hotel does not have a bar or room service or anything. OK; you can of course eat peanuts from the minibar, but that does not appear to be sustainable to me.
When we returned to the room we found the room not made up. This was just the dot on the i. We packed and left for Prague, where we had a wonderful steak dinner at the Cestr of the Ambiente group. Always a pleasure.
On a side note: I had to return to the Maly Pivovar on Monday, because my partner had left something in the room. When she phoned them and asked if it were possible to send the forgotteitem, the main concern of the hotel was who was going to pay for the shipment. I am sure we could have figured something out, but on Monday I received an email saying "we cannot accept the risk for loss or breakage for the shipment, therefore you will have to come here and collect the item". Well, that's service for you. If you ask me it was all about the "how are we going to reimburse for the parcel and postage".
Anyway: This is certainly the first and last time I considered the Maly Pivovar. This place could be great but other than other comments may suggest the place is now way "renovated with top-quality materials". The doors to the rooms are made from plastic-fake-wood, like most of the furniture and interior. Our room was smelly from the shower drainhole (something that other guests reported here too) and for a price of EUR 98 per night you can easily stay at a Motel One in a major city and get way better quality.
The Maly Pivovar claims to be a four star establishment. I wonder how those stars a supposed to hold up against real four star places.

Room Tip: I do not consider to visit this place again in the future - so no advice from my side
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Our waiters were not expecting problems with allergies and maybe that is why they were thrown off by it.
On Saturdays and Sundays you cannot go eat to Skala without a reservation because it is always full and if the receptionist told you otherwise it was a mistake and we apologise for that.
According to your complains about us not sending your forgotten item back, we could not send you your item because it could get damaged during the transportation.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

We came here for my sons wedding and the rooms were included as part of the wedding package. It is a bit out of the way but appears good for exploring the area. You will need a car!

The day we arrived, it was quite warm 27-28 Deg C. The hotel check in went very smoothly and the reception staff very friendly and efficient.

When we got to the room we were pleasantly surprised with the size and decor. Two large single beds,which were very comfortable. Plenty of storage space. There is a well stocked minibar, the prices compared to other hotels I've stayed at, were very good.
The bathroom was a shower room with a loo and sink. All very clean and fresh.

My only concern with the room - no ventilation/aircon. As I said, it was a warm day and the room was very stuffy even though the window was open.
It really needs a ceiling fan at least.

The hotel has a fully equipped spa (I did fancy a beer spa but didn't get the chance!) and swimming pool. The pool includes a children's part and a Jacuzzi, which we all made use of. Towels are supplied. This is free to guests for a couple of hours in the morning and evening. Outside these time it is chargeable.

The hotel serves a comprehensive buffet style breakfast in the dining room, this was also used as our wedding reception area. No food is served at the hotel after breakfast, You will have to use the separate restaurant.

The dining room has a bar but is only used with events, shame really, as it means you have to walk over to the adjacent restaurant "Skala" (I'll do a separate review), and get your drinks from the bar there and bring them back. Mind you, at around 45p a pint of locally brewed pilsner( the brewery overlooks the hotel), I shouldn't moan really.
Maybe a waiter service is needed for hotel guests or open the bar!

Overall a very nice hotel, friendly and efficient staff. If the rooms had ventilation and the hotel had it's own bar, I would have rated it higher.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

We were a party of 8, coming for dinner.
You must make a reservation before because it is always fully booked.
The restaurant is magnificent! The place is gorgeous, it is a real cave transformed in to a restaurant.
The menu is so reach that you just can't choose what to order :)
So we took everything
Everything was sooo delicious!
Absolutely everything, bur the pork chops were just out of this world.
It is genuinely the best place we ate in during our trip through Czech.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Petr C, Vlastník at Hotel Maly Pivovar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Thanks.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Luxury place, very nice and clean hotel with kind stuff. Swimming pool, masages, bubble bath...stylish restaurant in cave, good food and local beer. Try it if you have a chance :-) but need to be booked in advance. Always full.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple