“New digs!”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Happily, the move to a new building has only enhanced the Long Grain experience. With so much added room, I must express my surprise that they have only added one table. The food remains absolutely terrific!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Ha. The new digs may be beautiful but the attitude is still there. Why go to all the trouble to make delicious food and not really care about the people paying for it? They still don't greet you when you walk in the door, not for at least 5 to 10 minutes. The servers are quite pretty but give me a good ol' Maine gal who cares about you, how long you have to wait, and getting you things you ask for. Yes, the service is still slllloooowwwwww, everything brought to the table suddenly at once, forget about the word "appetizer" (like having your dumplings before you main). That night market soup is amazingly delicious but do I have to go through torture to get it?

The new market is very cool, but after I spent 20 minutes gathering items to purchase, the owner wouldn't return to the register to let me pay. She was preoccupied with a friend who had arrived, while I waited 15 minutes standing there like an idiot. So, I left. The Asian market where they buy the stuff in Portland is cheaper and much much friendlier. Oh well.

4  Thank Victoria C
Reviewed 24 June 2018

The food here is unique and delicious, but both of the 2 dishes we ordered were very oily. The service was extremely slow from seating to getting our check. They passed by us numerous times and we were obviously not touching the dish anymore and it took them more than 20 minutes to bring us the check.

3  Thank TerryK1401
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Our first and LAST TIME after hearing nothing but rave reviews.
Very poor service. Requested duck special. It arrived on top of barely warm egg noodles. The duck was completely fat and impossible to eat with chopsticks. I requested another bowl with a fork and knife so I could attempt to separate some meat from the duck fat. When I tried to explain why, the staff person shrugged and said “as you wish”. When we were finally asked by the server how the meal was, I pointed to the full second bowl of duck fat and said the duck was all fat. She just said “oh”. No apology or consideration of our concern. The two staff people we interacted with do not know how to communicate or serve customers.

3  Thank elaml2017
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Camdens greatest restaurant is moving today, June 19, 2018.
Around the corner to Washington St. A brand new Long Grain.
I am a loyal customer and know that it will still be Long Grain.
The amazing noodles and spicy greens. Succulent pork and
local chicken. The friendly service that knows the food - really
knows the ins and outs of this personal food. Great value.
True and local. A do not miss.