55 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$560
14 575
2 177
14 575
2 177
All reviews preferred club world cafe seaside grill el patio our honeymoon coco cafe secrets box room service entertainment staff building concierge french restaurant welcome home my pleasure pool volleyball partial ocean view all inclusive resort pool concierge
Selected filters
193 - 198 of 17 694 reviews
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

We traveled to secrets in February 2021.The rooms ,grounds are amazing,
The service could improve. The restaurants are not bad but the buffet food is mediocre and could improve. Staff are friendly and attentive.
One point of complaint is that when we wanted to make reservations for 10 people they were insisting on us buying and paying for bottles of wine or spirit although the place is all inclusive.
Other than that it's a good place to visit

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fred A
Jorge Monje, Director General at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2021

Dear Fred A,
Greetings from all of us at Secrets Maroma, it has been a real pleasure to have you all with us, a big thank you for your visit and for your comments and feedback.
Please accept our apology for any inconvenience and lack of service, I'm sharing your feedback with our team. We really take great pride in offering a warm, caring and professional service and it makes me really sad we have not been able to show our best hospitality.
Happy you have had a very nice stay and enjoy the company and friendliness of our colleagues, they will be happy to read your compliments.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back, could we be of any assistance, please let me know.
Warm regards and happy weekend.
Jorge Monje - General Manager

Reviewed 26 February 2021

This property is unbelievable. Beaches and restaurants were both amazing. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. We do a few vacations every year at the secrets chain and this trip was one of our best yet.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jorge Monje, General Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2021

Dear lauflin3, greetings from your home at Secrets Maroma and all our little family, it has been a real pleasure to have you staying with us, very grateful with your visit and your very kind comments.
I'm sure the team will be delighted and very motivated to read them. At all times if we can be of any assistance please let me/us know, we are all at your service.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon. Have a very nice weekend.

Reviewed 26 February 2021

So, this is my second time staying at this resort and it was still as incredible.

I'll lead into the items related to COVID since that is front and center these days.
Before my trip I donated blood and found out that I had COVID antibodies - which was news to me.
That gave me the confidence that my likelihood of contracting it while there was low.
My wife got a COVID test the day before our trip and she was negative.
We arrived on a Sunday and as part of our check-in process we scheduled our FREE onsite test for Tuesday afternoon - as were were flying home Thursday afternoon - so we would have the documentation needed to re-enter the US.
That whole process was smooth and easy. It was the rapid test, and from check-in for the test to the results it was maybe 20 minutes.
They really could not have made it easier.
There was sanitizer everywhere, the staff ALWAYS had on masks, our temp was taken every time we went into a restaurant.
I went golfing at Mayakoba and had my temp taken when leaving the resort and when coming back...just generally speaking, I can't imagine a hotel and its staff handling this any better.

On to the resort...the beach is incredible, the resort beautiful, and every meal was delicious.
Truth be told, my favorite food was at the beachfront grill for lunch, where every day I had the grilled fish.
The buffet was not open for dinner, so we never tried that.
Then, do to COVID, the restaurants were open on a rotation, but we were able to eat at all the ones we wanted.

One other really cool thing to me was we heard monkeys pretty often and actually got to see one on our last day chilling near the main lobby which was really fun and then all of the Quatis (check my spelling) running around we really neat too.

We did do the hydro journey at the Spa once, and that was very relaxing and the Spa itself was spectacular.

To keep it a fair and honest review the only things I would have to "complain" about was the swim up bar was not open - due to COVID, which the resort can't control.

I've written a few reviews and I do always try to find a thing or two to nit-pick about just to be fair, but for this one I really would have to dig VERY deep and be almost unreasonable to find anything wrong with this resort as it is maybe as close to perfect, for me, as I could ask for.

I think I've now been to at least 10 AmResorts properties and this one is for sure in the top 3 of them all, and is maybe my favorite.

Room tip: Get an ocean view room, we were in building 16 and had a soaking tub on the balcony which was great!
2  Thank dave_cwiklinski

Dear Dave_cwiklinski, greetings from beautiful Maroma Beach and all of us at Secrets Maroma. A big thank you for your visit and for your very kind and detailed comments. Very much appreciated, it help us a lot that you've been so kind to share your experience with all our Covid-19 protocols and our testing procedures for all those guests needing them for their return home.
Very grateful to our team for being able to adapt and adopt quickly and to continue to provide our best service and hospitality even with all these new procedures and protocols in place. The safety and security of our guests and our team is of the utmost importance to all of us and it is really encouraging to see how well we have been able to manage and how much all our guests are appreciating and valuing these new measures.
It really means a lot to us to know that Secrets Maroma maybe your favorite AM Resort, our team will be very motivated by your comment. Hopefully we may welcome you back very soon, if I can be of any assistance planning a return visit or any other thing you may meed, please let me know.
Sending our gratitude and warmest regards. Have a beautiful weekend.

Reviewed 26 February 2021

This was such a Fantastic resort! The employees were extremely attentive, personable and caring. The activities were so fun that we really didn’t need to leave the hotel for a good time. We were worried about the food not being up to par since it’s an all inclusive resort but that was far from the truth. Every dish felt like we were at an upscale restaurant and we felt weird not having a large bill at the end of our meal. This was a planning trip for our future wedding here and we can’t be more excited for our guests to have this amazing experience.

Dear dandridgesam,

Warm greetings from your home in Secrets Maroma and the whole Secrets Maroma family.

So happy to read your very kind and warm review, it means a lot to all of us as we know how important and special this trip was, that you have brought back home these beautiful memories and had a wonderful vacation makes us all very, very happy.

Every day we strive to achieve the same for everyone of our guest, turning holidays into memories for a lifetime, we do have a warm and caring team, really passionate about our guests/friends and very proud of sharing this beautiful corner of the world with all of you.

Thanks a lot for your kind comments on our restaurants and our food, we are so passionate about it and understand that it is such an important part of the experience at Secrets Maroma. Our team in each restaurant is very motivated to every day and for every one of our guests to offer a great culinary experience and they take great pride in every dish and every meal we serve. They will be delighted to know you have enjoyed and to read your very kind compliments.

Counting the days to have you all back with us, on advance, if I can be, if we can be of any assistance, please let me know.

Sending our love and the beautiful light and colors of the Mexican Caribbean. Warm regards.

Jorge Monje. - General Manager

Reviewed 26 February 2021

Everything about the trip was fantastic. First of all the resort itself was wonderful. The food was great at each of the restaurants we went to. Two nights we attended outdoor buffets and shows instead of going to a restaurant. The attention to detail at those events as well as everywhere else was above and beyond. The facilities themselves are first class, well maintained, and immaculate. The resort grounds were very well laid out and maintained beautifully.

As for Covid-19 protection measures, I felt Secrets Maroma did everything within their power to mitigate any chance of spreading the virus. Each employee wore a facemask throughout their work day. Surfaces were constantly cleaned. Guests were encouraged to keep social distance, and where masks indoors and in areas where people might congregate. I can't think of one thing they could have done more to make the stay any safer. Our required Covid tests to return were handled by the resort without charge to the guests. The tests were quick, easy and we had results in minutes.

While the resort, their attention to detail, and thoughtfulness regarding safety were excellent, the very best part of the stay was because of the people. Without exception, each staff member was kind, courteous and willing to do whatever it took to make our stay wonderful. When you consider the size of the resort, and start to realize just how many people work there and then to have everyone be so warm and friendly, you have to realize that doesn't happen by accident. It is part of their culture.

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who wants to enjoy their time in the Caribbean!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Dick M, warm regards from all your friends at Secrets Maroma, it means a lot to me and a lot to everyone of our colleagues to know that you have enjoyed their company and service. I completely agree with you, we do have a beaautiful property but nothing more beautiful that our people, truly genuine, warm and caring.
Very grateful and very proud of all of them, we really strive to make everyone of our guest/friends visiting, to feel at home and hoefully bring back many beautiful memories of their stay, to read your comments is really encouraging and motivating.
Thanks for commenting on our Covid-19 protection measures, as well, it has been a big effort and a learning curvee for all of us to adapt to this new traveling and working conditions, a effort really worth taking as your safety is of the most importance to us.
Looking forward to welcoming you back home with us very soon, if we can be of any assistance, please let me/us know, we are all at your service.
Sending our gratitude and a big thank you for your visit. Warm regards, Jorge.