Reviews (14 209)
11 564
1 862
11 564
1 862
All reviews preferred club world cafe barefoot grill el patio our honeymoon secrets box room service entertainment staff coco cafe hydrotherapy circuit ocean view building concierge french restaurant welcome home pool volleyball my pleasure all inclusive resort
505 - 510 of 14 209 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Excellent mini-vacation. The swim out rooms were awesome! Food and drinks very good. Staff and amenities were top notch. Pools and beach were very nice. Definitely recommend this Secrets resort! Would come back again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank mikeamato1217
E-Concierge S, Social MEdia at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear mikeamato1217

We would like to thank you for choosing once again Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancún as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience.

We are glad to know that you’ve found our Swim Out Junior Suite to be awesome. We are also delighted to read that you’ve enjoyed the facilities, food, and drinks.

Once again, we appreciate your kind comments of our resort and look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

I would highly recommend this resort. Our friend Liliana Sosa,
an Executive Services Ambassador with GBS International, helped us with all the details in planning our trip. Once at the resort, Miguel, our concierge was phenomenal and helped us with any and every need. The beach was gorgeous, the sand was perfect, and the weather was wonderful. The resort is nearly spotless when it comes to cleanliness, and they take pride in the appearance of everything. The shows were great, there were all kinds of activities and entertainment on the resort, and the food and drinks were outstanding as well. I would highly recommend an ocean view room. This was a wonderful vacation and you won't be disappointed in Secrets Maroma Beach.

Room tip: Ocean view is awesome
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jmweber12

Dear jmweber12
Thank you so much for recommending us!

We are glad to know that you’ve found the beach to be gorgeous, the facilities to be spotless, the shows to be great and the food to be outstanding. We are also delighted to read that you’ve enjoyed your Ocean View suite.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

The experience was incredible. My only complaints would be the pushy salesman who greeted us as soon as we arrived at the preferred club before getting our room. When you have traveled for 6-7 hours by car, plane, shuttle, and golf cart, you are ready to relax, not receive a sales presentation. We were first told our room ready which I couldn't wait to relax after the long trip. Then a salesman NIcholas pushed a breakfast for the next morning to sell a loyalty club program. He pushed very hard to get a confirmation for us to be there. He called us that night again and again in the morning to make sure we were coming. I would have been there, but his constant pushing turned me off to the whole thing and did not attend.

My only other very small complaint would be the straws. They all split as soon as I started to use them.

ALEJANDRA URIBE was amazing. She kept up with our every need, and exceeded our expectations in every way.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank R7119AVkeithm

Dear R7119AVkeithm
To read it was an incredible experience it's truly rewarding.

We'll share the accolades with Alejandra and the rest of the team.

Once again, we appreciate your kind comments about our resort and look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Everything was phenomenal, attention to detail is what gives this establishment that extra edge. Staff is very attentive and eager to help make your trip unforgettable. From Seaside Grill, Alberto was a pleasure to deal with. Cecilia, Paola were awesome too. Baltazar at the different bar areas was always very nice and made great drinks. Food was very good and always found my way into some Habanero salsa which is what I love. Will definitely return, had a blast.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2018

The Resort
We were here on an Apple Square Deal, which was a wonderful surprise! The resort is immaculately groomed and has so many different areas to explore, many of which are quiet and relaxing, and a few of which are party zones (but fairly quiet party zones!) There is a shallow pool a few inches deep with tables and chairs, a ping-pong table or chess set, and a hammock; a whole area devoted to hammocks and other swinging lounges; several areas with bali beds, plus the beach, which despite post-storm summer seaweed from deeper waters, was beautiful. The sand is white and fine and so light it's hard to rinse off! Upon check-in, you're greeted with a scented cold towel and champagne, but that buzz wears off quickly as the salesman comes in and tries to sign you up for a sales-pitch breakfast. Our particular salesman was charming but relentless. He called, stopped us every time he saw us, etc. That is an hour of my vacation I would like back.

The Room
I had tried to inquire about an ocean-view upgrade before arrival, but none were available the day before we left. Imagine my surprise that we were placed in a preferred (without the preferred services) ocean-view room with a balcony tub! It was a beautiful updated room, though the new decor has a decidedly Trader Vic's 70's South Pacific vibe complete with macrame wall hanging. My mother would have hated it, but I thought it was well done because all the furnishings were very high-quality. The bed was extremely comfortable, the shower was fabulous (2 heads, a rain head and hand-held on a pole, which you can operate individually), the AC worked very well, our minibar was restocked perfectly every day, and the room was cleaned impeccably morning and evening. There were just two little issues: the desk chair is very heavy and you can hear it scraping next door, above you, below you, and possibly across the resort...a few felt pads on those chair feet would fix this problem! Also, the time of turn-down service varied wildly from day to day. The first evening, we returned to our room at 10 pm to find it had not been serviced; two days later, we were changing for dinner at 6:45 and the housekeeper knocked to turn down our room. The front desk was able to contact them and let them know we had left the room, but it was a bit annoying that it was so inconsistent. Our concierge (shout out to Alejandra in building 25!) was incredibly hard-working and we often saw her finishing "just one more thing" hours after she was supposed to be gone.

The Food
Breakfast is incredible, and this is coming from two buffet-haters. I am gluten-free and it was my favorite meal of the day; there were fabulous bread and pastry choices as well as waffles, but really, the Mexican breakfast areas were the best! Margarita makes delicious fresh corn tortillas and huaraches which she fills with delicious toppings, and there is also a wonderful egg station where you can get huevos rancheros, divorciados, etc. and fill up on other amazing Mexican specialties like cochinita pibil or cerdo al pastor. There are so many options and the service is incredible; several servers remembered what I liked or needed after the first day. We ate lunch at Oceana twice, which is a bit slow but worth it; try the pulpo! We also used the Barefoot Grill at the beach, and I had ceviche from a stand they set up by the beach on Sunday. Dinners were hit-or-miss. We tried eating on the terrace at Portofino, but after the first course, the bugs had eaten more of me than I had of my salad, so we left. I wish I would have asked to move inside, but I was miserable and went running for my Benadryl. The teppanyaki at Himitsu was fun, but the miso soup was pretty bad. They made everything on our grill with gluten-free soy sauce, which I really appreciated! We also tried El Patio, and the first courses were lovely but the mole (both the pork and the chicken, which have different moles) were way too sweet and we had a few bites and left. I ended up ordering a room service quesadilla later (yum! grilled shrimp and queso quesadilla on corn tortillas!) because I was still hungry. I am a lover of fine dining, so you would think this lackluster experience at dinner would have put a damper on my stay, but it didn't. We weren't that hungry by dinner, anyway!

The Beverages
Bar staff are lovely and willing to help you, but I wouldn't say they were too interested in helping you find something new to love. We met some wonderful people from Guanajuato who educated us on mezcal vs. tequila, and my husband tried the mezcalito spicy...if you enjoy spicy, try it!! It was nice to order a good margarita with fresh lime juice and a smooth tequila, or Havana Club rum in my Cuba Libre. If you order a frozen beverage from the bar staff, it will probably have very little liquor in it, which may not be a bad thing. The pool and beach servers are very good and some of them really hustle, and others have a conversation or two with colleagues while your drink melts. Hustle earned a little tip, melted ice didn't.

The entertainment
I don't really come to an all-inclusive resort for the entertainment, but this one surprised me. Joseph was our buddy, but ALL of the entertainment staff work really hard to get everyone involved and keep everyone busy and happy! We did the kayak tour, which was not rigorous and very fun and informative; we played Mexican Lotería, which was a lot more fun for the Spanish-speakers (because the Spanish-speakers were making great jokes!) and went to the shows and sang karaoke. The shows were actually pretty impressive; the musicians were amazing every night, though the Mexican theme night was our favorite with a fabulous mariachi band and a local folkloric dance troupe; the Beatles show included acrobatics and break dancing and was at least cruise-ship quality. The comedy/variety show was weird and yet wonderful. We had a great time every night!
If you get a chance to do the kitchen tour, do it! Marcos did a beautiful job explaining everything, and each restaurant spoils you with a little amuse-bouche that shows off what they can do! This might have been our favorite activity because we were able to thank the people who we never saw during our stay, the ones who work so hard for so little thanks.

I hope we have the opportunity to stay again. We wouldn't have chosen the resort on our own simply because we wouldn't have been able to afford it! Now we'll probably just save up a bit more to return!

Room tip: Ask for an ocean view room and you just may get it! Swim-out rooms have pools they share with only 4 other rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank SenoraGilbert

Dear SenoraGilbert
We are ecstatic to know you'll come back to Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancún.

Thank you for posting such a detailed review about your recent stay Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancún.

We will share your wonderful comments with the team as we are certain that they will be glad to read such remarkable notes.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion and provide you with the exceptional quality and service that characterizes our brand and resort.