“Bad experience...”

Add it.
Marlintini's Grill
Ranked #11 of 24 Restaurants in Blue Hill
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Heard that this place had great haddock, especially on their all-you-can eat nights, so we thought we'd try it. I should have listened to my instincts when I heard either the chef, owner, or both telling another customer that the reason his chicken special came with turkey gravy was that he didn't have the "time" to make chicken gravy. Anyway, we ordered drinks, which included a couple of Irish whiskeys (not an expensive call brand) on ice. Not only were the pours small but the prices were on a par with a resort in Kennebunkport! - this is simply a roadside pub/dining room, nothing fancy. Anyway, my wife and I ordered the fried haddock and my son got the bourbon steak tips. The tips were unremarkable but the haddock was something special! We were there the night after the all-you-can-eat and they had to have served us fish that was left over from the previous night. It was dry, tasteless, like it was held together with sawdust. I knew that complaining to anyone there would be a lost cause and we left food behind. Not sure why so many7 restaurants up here either don't live up to an acceptable standard and that they really don't care. Never again!

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Always a good meal, with interesting specials and great wait staff! A real cross section of customers. People meeting in twos and threes for lunch, some contractors discussing a job, visitors to the area.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

When we want a good local meal with no expectations, this is a safe destination. So so wines, good beer, big bar, free popcorn,diner type foods. Wicked friendly staff. All walks of life can get good food. Can be noisy, two parts dining room and TV/ bar room. Where the locals eat.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a good dinner after arriving in Blue Hill and found Marlintini's on the main road. The server was very friendly and I asked for her suggestions which was a good choice. Between the ribs and the haddock basket she suggested the haddock. It was excellent. Not greasy or oily at all. Very thin "breaking" which was crisp and fries that were also "just right". Not oily. The tartar sauce was the best I've ever had.
I will eat here again before I leave town.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I found myself staying in a remote part of Maine. Most everything closes up early. This place was my savior on my first night. They have food till 9:30pm when everyone else closes at 8pm. The bar is open later than that. The staff is nice, and I think they would get you something to eat even if you came in a bit after 9:30. Food was good also, and something for kids and adults. Don't let the bar make you think this is not a family spot. It has a full kids menue. The scallops are great!

1  Thank roadstarAustin_TX