Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews pancakes bed and breakfast dining room other guests sandy downstairs
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 October 2019

On the positive side, the owner and host, Sandy, is a kind person. The inn is also centrally located and it was convenient to walk to shops and dinner. However, if you have allergies you may want to choose a different place. If someone would have written a review about the smells in the rooms, I could have saved myself from having to take meds and feeling poorly. We stayed upstairs in room 7 and as soon as Sandy opened the door to go up the stairs to the room, I knew I was in trouble. The room was incredibly musty and also smelled of smoke. On top of that there was a perfumed smell which I tracked down to two Glade room deodorizers. I closed up the Glade sticks and mentioned it to Sandy and she removed them.
Other people have written about the uneven floors etc. those are to be expected in a historic inn. When we made our reservation, I told Sandy that I didn't eat pork or beef and that I drank decaf coffee. She apologized the first day for not having decaf and said she needed to shop for it. The next day there was still no decaf. I was also looking forward to the afternoon cookies that so many people wrote about and there were no cookies during our stay. We originally had a reservation for three days, but the musty, smoky environment took a toll on my health and we let Sandy know that we would be leaving a day early. She did refund our last day and we certainly appreciated that. One last thing, there was no individual control for our heat and it was cold. I had to call down to ask Sandy to turn on the heat. She turned it on right away and we were comfortable enough temperature wise.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 4 October 2019

The inn is pretty old and has some interesting quirks, but the stay was very comfortable and Sandra is an amazing host. We came for fall colors and the location is perfectly situated to visit great locations in the area.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 1 April 2019 via mobile

Cute historic and well maintained inn. Sandra is the owner and lives in the building. She cooks great breakfasts everyday for guests. I don’t mean toast and cereal. I mean pancakes, bacon, sausage, French toast, eggs, fruit, etc. The rooms are spacious, beautiful and very well kept. It’s in a great location, right in the center of Bethel, and she’s so accommodating and sweet. There’s a sitting area outside and a dorm with pool tables, etc. I would recommend the Chapman over any place in Bethel. Thanks Sandra, we love you!!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2019

I spent 6 nights here with my son over his winter break and the location was great, not too far from Sunday River and right in town. The breakfest was delicious every morning and the cookies were a welcome treat when we got back to the inn after skiing. The staff of the inn was very cordial and very helpful as well as very accommodating. My son enjoyed inn and he commented that staying at the inn was more like being at home. We look forward to visiting the area again and staying at the inn.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2019

Fantastic four days at Chapman Inn with my daughter for skiing at Mt. Abram. The antidote to generic tourism. Charming and centrally located, right in town, with great hospitality. The inn, the staff, and even the clients have character. The internet worked well beyond a small glitch one evening and Sandy is very responsive and had a technician on it in the early AM. Yes, the 150+ year old residence is quirky with original wooden floors with a slight pitch and other minor eccentricities but everything works. Beds were comfortable. My alarm each day was the smell of bacon cooking at at 6:45 am. Breakfast was decent: bacon, bread, eggs, home fries, good selection of fruit (but no banana) and thankfully no keurig set up for coffee. My only recommendation would be to upgrade cereal selection with possibly instant oatmeal and to upgrade the jam/jelly to Maine made products. However, breakfast for 15-20 is not easy and overall, it is done well to meet the needs of a variety of clients. Evening tea (good selection) / coffee / hot cocoa with a plate of cookies in the dining / sitting area was nice. An electric water heater to ensure tea water is always hot might be a better option than the use of a thermos. Overall, a great stay. Thank you Sandy!

Date of stay: February 2019