Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2015

I had a spectacular stay at the Bethel Maine Hostel this November. I arrived with my friend and we were greeted warmly by the host, Kate. She checked us in and was very helpful with giving tips on what to see and where to eat. The room was rustic and cozy and the wifi worked well. In the morning I was able to talk to the owners about the hostel. They are very passionate about the hostel and the hosteling experience. Overall I had a great night here. It felt like being at home. Thank you very much!

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2015

I made a telephone reservation to the Bethel hostel, but was told when I got there that there wasn't room. There were only 5 cars in the parking lot. The manager/owner doesn't seem to have his act together. A shame as this is pretty good setup for cheap lodging to get to Sunday River. I've stayed here 4-5 other times and had ok luck, but wont be going again.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Kaj H
Reviewed 29 October 2010

I stayed for 4 nights in this great HI-Hostel in Maine and enjoyed it very much.
The rooms are very clean, big enough, nice composed. There are enough bathrooms and restrooms, the kitchen is big, with all you need, f.e. many spices.
It is a pleasure to sit in the big living room, where you can watch TV, play a game, read a book or just hang around. For me as a solotraveller it was very nice to get in contact with the family who run this hostel - for some evenings I felt like being part, playing with the kids, talking with the parents. The family is very nice and hospitable, they try to do everything for you, they are very polite, helpful and friendly.
There are so many activities you can do around, that it is a very good place for active vacancies. You can hike, there are trails to certain waterfalls nearby, you can join the Appalachian Trail, have a look on big rocks. At the hostel you get the informations you need.
There are rivers and lakes where you can canoeing or kayaking, even if you have no experience. In summer swimming is another activity, I suppose.
In winter you have the great skiressort nearby and can enjoy the whole day skiing.
There are horses to ride, bicycles to rent,...
Also Bethel as nearby the Skiressort has a cinema, a place for golf and minigolf, a waterpark, small cafes and much moore - so it is a place for more lazy vacancies, too.
The disadvantage is that you really need a car, if you want to go out.
I liked my time in this hostel and in the area and would like to come back. And I definitely will recommend it to my friends.

Date of stay: October 2010