Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We came to the Inn tired after traveling & were met with welcoming staff & the perfect relaxing atmosphere at Sud's Pub in the lower level, with excellent pizza & beer.
This is a historic inn & so of course rooms have been altered to fit in private baths, etc. That being said, our bathroom was 'tight', but adequate. Our room was a bit 'tired', needing fresh paint, but clean.
During our 3-night stay we had a wonderful menu to choose from for breakfast each morning. The owner Julie is amazing - & so was each breakfast!
Our final evening we ate in the dining room. It is very tastefully designed, & the lobster was absolutely amazing!
We would give this Inn a resounding 5 except for the need to refresh our room. We can't speak for the other rooms.
Thank you, Julie & staff for a wonderful introduction to New England!

Room tip: Rooms in the Inn have wifi, but it is spotty. The best place is on the 1st floor.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

The inn is quaint but looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years. The carpet was filthy. The cheap plastic mini blinds were coated in hardened dust. The window wells were full of dirt. One window would not stay open so I propped it up with the ice bucket. The places where big chunks of paint had chipped off were painted with mismatched paint. Understaffed. Had to wait a while for the desk clerk to return from the bank. The waitress in the morning also manned the desk. Too bad because it could be such a nice place. Good location and good breakfast ordered off a menu.

Room tip: wifi in lobby only
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank WWtraveler087
Reviewed 31 August 2017

My friend and I arrived in Bethel on a Saturday with no reservations anywhere and we were grateful that the Sudbury Inn was able to accommodate us. From the moment I entered the Sudbury Inn I knew I found the best place to stay in all of Maine.
It's an absolutely charming place to rest and dissolve one's stresses. Located on Main Street it's the only place in the region to offer outstanding accommodations and two restaurants all under one roof. The staff was wonderful. Over at the reception I was immediately greeted by a kind woman who provided my friend and i with a very comfortable room at a great price. I was exhausted from a long drive and the first thing I did was take a shower and i was grateful for how awesome the shower felt (the temperature and pressure were perfect). The Sudbury Inn is so clean and spotless. It's such a pleasure to be in such a lovely environment that's so welcoming and blissful. I loved the decorations and furnishings, I especially enjoyed the rocking chairs on the front porch. One can sit on one of the rockers with a cup of coffee or tea and observe the quaintness of majestic Bethel, Maine. The breakfast here is outstanding. I was the first to arrive in the dining room and the server immediately poured me a cup of coffee which i enjoyed drinking on the porch while I waited for my friend. Both of had the incredible omelettes for our complimentary breakfast which were made with perfection. Truly the best omelettes in all of Maine made by an outstanding cook. My only regret is that i couldn't stay longer at the splendid Sudbury Inn because it's just so inviting and sweet. For a truly authentic New England experience a stay at the Sudbury Inn is a must. The Sudbury Inn is one of the best places to stay in all of Maine.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank adrianna24sings
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Went up for the past weekend to do some Kayaking at Bethel Outdoor adventures.
The rate for 5 of us in a 2 bedroom was fantastic. First off please understand this is not a Luxury Bed and Breakfast. If your a spa and pampered individual please do not stay here and negatively rate this Inn. If you're on a budget and looking for a clean room without the high end thrill, then this is your place.

Clean rooms with space to unwind. Excellent made to order breakfast included.
Fantastic Bistro/Restaurant with excellent 5 star dining without the 5 star bill.
Pub in the basement is fantastic. It's a locals hangout at night and the live music is fantastic.

One of the Co-Owners (Robin) was awesome. I don't think she sleeps, as we seemed to see here everywhere. These folks care about your stay and are willing tell help in anyway possible. Just ask for Robin and she will even recommend a room based on what your needs are.

We will be back during the up coming ski season and look forward to the stay and the food.

Keep up the good work Robin and Staff

Room tip: Your money goes a long way here. Food is excellent. Owner is excellent as well.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 4SkiBumsCandiaNH
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We flew over from Ireland to attend a wedding in Bethel and seeing the prices of the local accommodation, we felt the Sudbury inn was more in our price range. We were very happy with the guest house we booked for four people and the breakfast each morning was one of the best I've ever had (try the omlettes!). The bar was friendly and exactly what we needed after a long trip. Very good value for money.

Date of stay: July 2017