“Worth the trip”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

For an authentic lobster experience visit Thurston’s. You place your order at the window and watch your lobsters being picked from the water tank and taken to be steamed. We took our granddaughters to experience lobster. Unfortunately, they both decided they liked Maryland steamed blue crabs better. That being said, the lobsters were excellent, the sides were good, and the cheeseburger and BLT ordered for the kids were satisfying. Next trip we’ll check out their lobster roll as we know we will return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 335)

13 - 17 of 1 338 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great lunch at Thurston’s. It was a bit of drive to locate but it’s worth it. The lobster and clams were amazing. I knew we were in the right place because the restaurants view of the inlet and all lobster boats. I can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While I'm not a lobster fan, my wife said this was the best she had in Maine. I had the crab cake sandwich and it was delicious. The Whoopie pies were incredible as well. We ate outside on the deck and had a lovely view of the water. The staff was super friendly.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Some local’s we met in Bar Harbor told us this was worth the short drive to Trenton. I am so glad we went. It doesn’t get any more authentic that this. Out of the boat and on to your plate. Great view. Lots of charm.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've had many good lobster rolls from places that only Mainers seem to know about. Thurston's was right up there with those. The lobster meat in my lobster roll was so fresh, I thought it had been caught that afternoon. Probably was. My husband's crab roll was likewise tender and very, very fresh. There was a substantial offering of beer, wine, and other adult beverages including local microbrews. It's an extremely casual place -- this is a lobster pound, not a fancy seafood restaurant -- and although the prices were not low, lobster is quite expensive right now. I'd say our meals were comparable in price to what we'd paid elsewhere recently for lobster rolls. The setting is absolutely lovely, looking out over the little harbor and village in Bernard. I stumbled across Thurston's on TripAdvisor looking for lobster pounds for our last night at Acadia, and so glad I did.