“Road Trip Surprise”

Price range: US$12 - US$22
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

On a recent road trip from Portland to Bar Harbor on historic US-1, my wife and I were getting hungry as we approached Belfast. Delvino’s was the highest rated restaurant, so we set our GPS.

The harbor area where the restaurant was located is really picturesque. It was late afternoon so we were seated immediately by our friendly waitress. She brought us menus, told us about the daily specials, and took our drink order. Soon, she returned with our drinks and bread with seasoned olive oil for dipping.

My wife ordered lasagna, while I finally decided on cheese ravioli with the addition of sweet sausage.

In a short time, our orders arrived hot and delicious. I do believe the sweet sausage is the best I’ve ever had - savory with a crunchy casing.

We may never go “down east” again, but if we do, Delvino’s will be on our list.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We saw this was the number 1 rated restaurant in Belfast so we thought to try it. It is #1 for a reason. The food was amazing. The garlic cream sauce is to die for. We had the cheesecake dessert and it was the best food we have had our whole trip.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a very busy restaurant, reservation are recommended, with very good Italian food, along with fresh seafood. The quality is much better than one would expect in a tourist town, I don't think you will be disappointed in this remarkable restaurant. Even with the hustle and bustle of popular restaurant, the staff is patient, friendly, and helpful. On our next visit to Waterville, we will drive over for a meal at Delvino's, it is that good!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We accidentally found this restaurant while walking around Belfast, it looked intriguing so we made a reservation for dinner.
Later, before going to dinner, we looked on TripAdvisor and found that it is rated #1, and, as it turns out, for good reason. I had the mussels marina, and my dinner companion the salmon on shrimp stuffed lasagna. Both were delicious, and the presentation very appetizing. Preceding the main course we had petite salads, perfectly sized so as to not to detract from the main courses.
We succumbed and split a brownie with ice cream: This was not just any old brownie but a huge, gooey, chocolate one with two scoops of ice cream and whipped cream.
The service was very good and attentive without being intrusive.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Every visit to Delvino's is money well spent. The food is exquisite, and the mushroom saccetti legendary for it's lucious, delicious, deep, rich flavors (especially with the mushroom garlic cream sauce).