Dakota Edinburgh
The Staghead Hotel(South Queensferry)
US$126
Orocco Pier(South Queensferry)
US$150
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Queensferry) Hotel(South Queensferry)(Great Value!)
US$88
Reviews (2 110)
2 110 results
1 254
1 254
All reviewsblack boxforth road bridgeretail parkstylish hotelclose to the airportexecutive roomreception stafffantastic hotelone night stayan overnight stayreception areacooked breakfastcomfy bedfantastic staycity centrequeensferrytesco
FilterAll languages
11 - 16 of 2 110 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed in many hotels around the world and am struggling to remember one where the staff were so incredibly well trained. Perfect levels of attentiveness, manners and well presented. The hotel itself is also well presented ... good for a business trip or a weekend away. Well done guys, if in the area again you'll be on my list

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Twilt23
DakotaGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Twilt23,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a lovely 5-star review from your stay at Dakota Edinburgh.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay- our team aim to deliver a service that goes above and beyond all expectations, and so I look forward to passing your wonderful feedback on to them.

The biggest compliment we can receive is that our guests return to stay with us time and time again, so it is great to read that you will be returning to Dakota when you are next in the area.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dakota in the near future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

very nice hotel, stylish, dark(cozy) and contemporary feel. 2nd stay now with the dakota hotel chain. enjoyed both stays here and ticks all the boxes for us. bar/ restaurant is very comfortable and relaxing, service was excellent. although this time we never ate there we did enjoy the food our 1st time. we chise this time to go to Miller and carter 10 mins away.(recommended if u like a gd steak). the only thing for us that lets the stay down, but isn't overly terrible is that the beds aren't that comfortable imo, found this on both occasions, but might just be down to personal preference. however other hoteks seem to surpass in this department with memory foam beds etc etc. We still slept fine, although woke up with a stiff back. also no additional pillows or duvet/blanket which other places do provide. so 4 out of 5 seems fair because every other aspect is spot on and will return. also we are booked into the Glasgow hotel in June and still looking forward to 2 nights there.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Markus B

Dear Markus B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review from your second stay at Dakota Edinburgh.

I am delighted to read that you had selected Dakota for your one stop destination for relaxation to celebrate your wife’s birthday, and that your second stay was just as enjoyable as your first.

I am sorry to read that you did not have the most comfortable nights sleep, although you said this may be down to personal preference, I will defiantly pass your comments on to our housekeeping management team as we aim to ensure a relaxing and comfortable stay for all our guests.

Thank you again for your review, I hope you have a wonderful stay in Glasgow in the summer and hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Dakota Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a fantastic couple of nights staying at the Dakota. Enjoyed the meal and bar service was exceptional. All staff were helpful and pleasant at all times. The room was really stylish and comfortable. We will return I am sure

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert M

Dear Robert M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review from your stay at Dakota Edinburgh.

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful couple of nights at Dakota, where you enjoyed all elements of the hotel. I will definitely pass your compliments on to the teams.

I hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Dakota in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for recently. The hotel is lovely. We liked how dark and stylish it was. Although you really need better lighting in the bedrooms . I found it almost impossible to do my makeup ! The lighting In the bathroom wasn't much better. The Wi-Fi didn't connect in our room either.
The rooms could really use a fridge too. We felt for the price a few extras ie, dressing gowns and slippers would have been appreciated.
We booked our evening meal here the restaurant was really nice, menu a little limited. However my husband had the steak which he said was delicious and I had the chicken which was very good. The food prices are expensive especially by the time you add 2 or 3 side dishes.
Breakfast the following morning was ok. We ordered the cooked breakfast but I preferred the continental the bacon was very fatty in the cooked one and poached eggs were over done.
Over all it's a beautiful hotel which we felt was over priced for the area it was in. Ive previously paid the same for being in the centre of Edinburgh with all the extras. So it was nice to try it but I think we'll stick to the centre in future.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Hawaiiwillbe,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, with the interior and décor being a positive aspect. Although not supplied in the room, or reception team are always on hand to deliver any items, such as fridges to get rooms.

It is great to read that you had an enjoyable evening meal, however felt differently during the breakfast service. I will be sure to pass on your comment to the food and beverage management team.

If you ever return to Dakota, I would defiantly recommend upgrading to one of our executive rooms, where you will receive added extra’s in your room such as bathrobes, as well as access in to our Dakota First Lounge and enjoy a complimentary drink and canapés.

I do hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you to Dakota in the future, please do contact the hotel directly to make any reservations.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was a special occasion for my companion. She suggested the Dakota in South Queensferry for a pre-lunch drink. We arrived and chose a nice sofa in the comfortable lounge area enjoying the calm and friendly atmosphere as we chatted. The staff were very polite and informative describing and advising a nice light rose wine to suit our mood. We relaxed as we were enjoying being there.

Deciding on lunch we were seated in the dining area and again the staff advised a nice wine to suit our food choice.

Our food was presented in the most professional manner and was delicious. Again we were soaking up the decor and experience.

Staff were most attentive.

Post lunch we moved to another sofa area and enjoyed coffee as we chatted enjoying the relaxing experience.

It was a lovely afternoon, made all the "more" special by sharing it with my partner.

We shared a kiss.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear shoni1,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a kind review from your lunch at Dakota Edinburgh.

I am delighted to read you had such an enjoyable afternoon, in both our lobby and in the restaurant. Our team aim to always deliver a top class service so it is great to read such positive comments about them, and I am sure that our Head Chef will be thrilled to hear that you found your meal to be so delicious.

Thank you again for your review, I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the teams.