Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$71
TripadvisorUS$71
ZenHotels.com
PricelineUS$71
FindHotelUS$71
HurbUS$74
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 June 2019

Description says there is a pool. There is not. That was one of the reasons we chose this location from the website. Traveling with friends. Decent enough for a bunch of guys.
Room was relatively clean but could use a deep scrubbing. Towels were John Wayne towels, rougher than heck and don't take crap off anyone.
Apparently this location offers weekly rentals as there were a couple of crews staying there, but was not an issue as they worked all day and were quiet at night.
Overall an OK stay.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Resort787729, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2019

Thanks for your review, and for staying with. Sorry about the pool advertisement, but we have been trying to get them to take it off forever. Thanks to your review it might get done faster.

Reviewed 30 December 2018

Room was not cleaned properly, stained towel and pillow cases, people hanging out in front the door all night arguing and talking loud. Just a terrible experience and waste of money. I would not stay there ever again

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 July 2018

I rarely give bad reviews. One can read my reviews and see that. Even if I don't like a place, I will try to be fair. This place, however, is a total dump. We decided to stay here after reading the good reviews here. Only needed an overnight stop over on the way home. Don't let the $55 pricetag AND "good" reviews bait you in; there is a no refund policy and now I know why. In my opinion, this is a scam. There is no way this place is a 4 and a half star rating. I would give it a negative rating if I could. I wonder if it is not the management themselves writing the good reviews. I've included pictures.

We didn't know when was check-in time (3 pm) and arrived 2 hours before; myself, my spouse and 2 kids. When we arrived, we noticed one or two people just hanging around outside, watching us. The front desk girl looked disheveled and seemed bothered we were there; not friendly at all. We decided to go eat since we were so early. Came back at check-in time. Staff had changed and the different front desk girl was very pleasant. She gave us our keycards to get into 110, the room we had been assigned. I walked down to the room, opened the door and started to walk in and there was a 50/60-ish lady sitting on the bed who had already been assigned that room. You could tell she was alarmed and I don't blame her, I was shocked, as well and a little embarrassed. As she was yelling "HEY!!", I was apologizing and backing out the door. Went back to office and by the time I got there, the front desk girl was already on the phone with the lady I had just walked in on. The clerk was speaking to the lady in a familiar tone and verbage, saying, "ok, I'll take care of it, I'll take care of it" in a tone as if she knew her, not as one would a customer. The clerk hung up and immediately apologized and told me "she" (meaning someone else) had assigned us to that room and that they only had one more non-smoking room, upstairs in 205. Ok, mistakes happen; no big deal. Made our way up to 205 and the room literally REEKED of cigarette smoke. I mean, reeked! The ottoman had a large stain on it, too. Our little boy has sinus issues so we knew this room wouldn't work. This time, my husband went to the office and told the clerk that the room stunk of smoke and she immediately moved us to another non-smoking room, 204 (she had just told me she didn't have any more). This one smelled of smoke as well, although not nearly as bad. Oddly enough, this ottoman also had a large stain on it, as did a 2nd chair in the room. Tried to get the A/C going and it barely worked. The slow speed of the fan didnt change no matter what setting it was put on. there was only one overhead light in the bathroom. None in the main part of the room, and one of the lamps didn't work. We were kind of repulsed by the chairs and the heat in the room but decided to tough it out since we had been driving all day and it was only one night. Then I happened to notice that the bedspread at the foot of one of the beds looked really lumpy; like maybe the sheet was wadded up under it. Immediately turned back the covers to check if bed was clean and it appeared to be so, but looked as if it had been slept in and the bedspread just pulled back up over it without the sheets being changed. Decided to check the other bed. Pulled back the bedspread on it and found 2 dead bugs, a hair and several makeup stains that looked fresh. There was also a stain that I did not photograph for decency's sake that appeared to be body fluid; was about the size of a tennis ball. It was obvious that the sheets had not been changed. After 3 rooms in 30 minutes, and now filthy beds, that was enough for us, and I went to the office to ask for a refund. Let me just say here that I realize that none of this is the fault of the front desk girl. That said, when I went back to tell the her all of this and ask for a refund, the older lady, the one I had walked in on, in the first room we were given, was behind the front desk talking with the clerk as if she knew her, which I thought was strange. Why would a customer be behind the front desk? I don't want to speculate too much but my personal opinion is that there may have been some non-family-friendly activities going on at this hotel, although I do not know that, but the whole setup looked seedy. The clerk was nice and told me doubtfully that I would have to call the manager in the morning to see about a refund, but that if a person is in the room longer than 5 minutes, then there is no refund. I told her I had pics and would post this review and that it was the worst hotel room I had ever seen. We left and drove the remaining 6 hours home.

I emailed corporate with the above info, so manager, don't bother responding. There is no earthly excuse to conduct business this way. SEE PICS BELOW!

Room tip: Drive down the road to a different hotel.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Very nice rooms staff was very polite & helpful great location lots of shopping & restaurants close by, if your looking for a place look no further, serves complimentary breakfast from 5 am-9 am. The woman who checked me in & out named Liz was exceptionally friendly, not a bad price for the room

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank windowgirldi
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

My family and I Pulled in around 4am after booking online through Expedia. Al at the front desk was very helpful and made sure we had everything we needed before heading to our room. Our stay gave us the exact rest we needed. It was Quiet, room was perfect temperature and very clean and our bedding was comfortable. This morning Liz greeted us at the front desk and was so sweet offering breakfast. We made waffles and enjoyed some fresh coffee and juice . If we’re ever in Sidell LA again, I’ll be sure to book with them. Thanks for making our stay pleasant !

Date of stay: June 2018