“Do NOT pass this place up, bc of a bad review!!”

The Lost Cajun Slidell
Ranked #1 of 211 Restaurants in Slidell
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Description: We're a cajun/creole restaurant that specializes in scratch made gumbos, fried seafood plates, poboys, pasta dishes, chargrilled and raw oysters, and beignets.
Reviewed 12 July 2021

My son & I were in Louisiana, two days out of a five day trip, to Mississippi/Louisiana. I, wanted to eat anything and everything Cajun. I googled best Cajun food near me, stumbled upon this place. And was not disappointed!! We ended up coming here, not once, but twice!!
I’d like to say “COVID, people!!” Everywhere is short staffed, over worked and trying to make ends meet.
There were things they were out of, no big deal, there were things we couldn’t get, no big deal!!
But what we did get, was top notch service by people that put their heart and soul into their jobs.
The entire staff was awesome.
But our waitress was Haley, she truly was the best waitress we’ve ever had. We felt like family with the entire place, when we left, both times.

Thank you to The Lost Cajun for showing us “The Cajun way!!”

Pictures attached are of our food for two days (my son had same thing) and of the outside.

First time having Beignets, and they did NOT disappoint!!

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (251)

Reviewed 8 June 2021

We ate here on our vacation to New Orleans. It was our first time having authentic Cajun & creole food. We loved that we had the opportunity to sample everything first. The food was delicious and the staff was helpful. The manager was kind and made a point to come and talk to us about the food and surrounding area. Would highly recommend.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 12 May 2021

This restaurant offers authentic Cajun cuisine at affordable prices!!! AND, the portions are HUGE! You will be bringing home so much food! Sign up on their website for specials and put in your birthday for really special offers! Highly RECOMMEND! Service is always awesome and again...the food is consistent!!! We have NEVER had a bad meal EVER! If you like oysters...oh goodness the charbroil are OUTSTANDING! You won't be disappointed! PROMISE!

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 6 May 2021 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Being a northerner they treated us great and the food was delicious. The service was exceptional.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 5 May 2021

Really good food, friendly staff, and wonderful Cajun atmosphere -- music, corrugated sheet metal, cypress wood, etc. Shared some tasty Boudin Balls (pork?) with a delicious Remoulade dipping sauce for appetizer. I ordered the Crawfish Étouffée, my wife had the Shrimp Stir Fry. Mine was excellent, just like my dear MIL in New Orleans used to make and give me in a Mason jar to take home nearly every time we visited. My wife was not impressed with the stir fry, would probably not reorder. We also shared an order of Bignets -- fantastic. If you are looking for some authentic Cajun food, this is da place, fo sho.

Date of visit: May 2021