“Wonderful gem. ”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Truly Louisiana, you will find our fresh cuisine, lush foliage and decks overlooking Bayou Bonfouca, an experience that is second to none!
Reviewed 9 January 2021 via mobile

This is a gem. Great food, great service, great location. The boudin egg rolls are delicious. The catch Pontchartrain is an amazing seafood dish. Wonderful shrimp and grits.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank runnerrich
Write a reviewReviews (380)

Reviewed 21 July 2020

We were here with family and everyone had a good meal. The place is in a pretty setting...is clean.. and safe. There were 7 of us so we got several of the menu items. Everything was good. I had the shrimp and grits...a best ever for me. We were in a side dining room...there was live music in the main dining room and conflicting recorded music in ours...my ears didn't like the noise. They were very busy...so the server was swamped but she did a fair job.

Date of visit: July 2020
2  Thank Gooseview
Reviewed 13 July 2020 via mobile

Me and my husband decided to stop at this restaurant last minute. the food was great, service was great for the most part covid-19 precautions were there and chill we got a water refill. The guy comes with a stainless steel pitcher took my glass I'm drinking from and the glass makes contact with pitcher's wil he's pouring water and then he goes over to another table.couldn't drink the water after I seen that to me that's spreading covid-19. Y'all need a different way of refilling water. Everything was great there other than that. I think I'll stay home now until virus calms down just to be on my safe side.

Date of visit: July 2020
5  Thank Marlene N
Reviewed 16 March 2020

This is my favorite place to bring out of town guests or customers. The outdoor experience is amazing. After ordering drinks, we stroll to the bayou and take in the view. Sunday has a Jazz brunch that is fantastic. The quality, variety and portions of food are on par with any top restaurant in the area.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 12 March 2020 via mobile

Have been here numerous times as a couple and for larger events. Love wandering to the bayou for The view. outside seating is usually very comfortable most of the year and gives you a beautiful view of the palmettos. Food is always well-seasoned and good portions. Wait staff is always very friendly.

Date of visit: February 2020
2  Thank charlescW9441TN
710brittanym, General Manager at Palmettos on the Bayou, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2020

Well thank you for the review. We try hard to make every experience memorable. We are glad that you have had so many wonderful visits. See ya next time.