“Friendly service and good food”

Camile's Cajun Cafe
Ranked #7 of 40 Restaurants in Port Allen
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We were actually looking for pie when we stopped here. Having called four diners and a cafe and learning none of them had pie, we were ready to give up when we spotted this restaurant on the road and decided to give them a ring. To our delight, they had pie!

The inside was much more pleasant then I expected from the less than idyllic facade, and the temp was nice and cool after driving under the hot sun.

In the end, we ordered two meals and a side salad with avocado amongst us before getting our pie. We were satisfied with the food, delighted with our service, and moaning at the pie. It was definitely worth the stop!

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

My wife wanted a burger, I had oysters on the mind, and we found the perfect spot at Camille's. Very comfortable seating, excellent and friendly service, great prices, and outstanding food.

I had raw oysters and an oyster Po' Boy; my wife and daughter both had hamburgers. Large servings--we couldn't eat it all!

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

I'm guessing that Camile's Restaurant is just one of those places where it's either going to be a hit or a miss when it comes to they type of dining experience that you may have. I know many of my friends are wondering why on earth I was even in the middle of nowhere Erwinville, LA but they were in the passing of a road trip to New Orleans!

On our way back to Dallas, TX my friend suggested that we stop and get some food but at least call it in ahead of time so we can eat quickly. Once we called and placed our order we were quoted about 25-30 minutes to have everything ready which was okay being that was approximately how far we were anyways. When we walked in our order was ready which was a plus but the question is how early did they actually have this done because my food was luke warm.. The steam from the to-go box dripped on my fried seafood combination platter which of course caused certain pieces to be soggy.

If you are curious what this dinner includes: 4 Shrimp, 4 Oysters, 4 Catfish Fillets, and 6 Crab fingers all for $20.. Was it worth it? Nope.. My friends said that their orders were just okay as well so right there in the middle 3 stars is as good as it gets.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Stopped here on my way to New Orleans and was pleasantly surprised. The charbrolied oysters were a good start. I had the ettouffee and finished with the bread pudding. Everything was good. Service was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Returning to Baton Rouge recently, we passed through Erwinville while pulling our travel trailer. We had not been to Camille's for years but were lured by the large parking lot, convenience of pulling in, and stories we'd heard that the new ownership was doing a good job. We were glad we made the decision. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her lunch special plate of fried catfish, a salad, fries and an outstanding hush puppy. My 50/50 shrimp and oyster po-boy was also excellent (kinda preferred the oyster half).

Been to Camile's Cajun Cafe? Share your experiences!