“Crawfish cooked to order”
Review of Nola Boils

Nola Boils
Ranked #209 of 534 Restaurants in Metairie
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The only place I've found that cooks up your crawfish while you wait, regardless of how many pounds you order. Also reasonable price.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I really don't remember when my last visit was, but I go there at least 6 times per year. Parking is rough and the seating is in the same building with an old neighborhood bar that attracts nice, older locals. I've eaten there a couple of times when the curtain between it and the bar was pulled closed and watched their wall-mounted tv's. Folks are nice on both sides of the curtain. When curtain is open, I order food and sit outside until it is ready to avoid second hand smoke from the bar. Some days it us a real eye burner. With all of these drawbacks, I still go (am going today) for the oyster basket. Delicious!!! Oysters are flash fried just right, NOT rubbery. The order size is generous (really), and it comes with sides. I get french fries (standard) and switch out the slaw (I don't like anyone's) for potato salad. Sometimes I get it to go b/c I live close by. Don't order oysters if you live 15+ minutes away. You don't want soggy food from the closed box. Open the box, at least, to prevent steam from settling on your oysters. I'm sure these folks make excellent shrimp baskets, etc., but the oyster basket is soooo good, I've never actually ordered anything else. The place does catering for events, too, like crawfish boils and other local festivities. The location is not child-friendly, in my opinion, but the seafood is worth the stop and parking hassles.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

I'm not from LA, but love the food. Stopped by NOLA Boils, cause it's nearby. Would return for take out. Dine in? Smoke from adjacent bar was a distraction.

Been to Nola Boils? Share your experiences!