“Good Sandwhiches, Fine Pie”
Review of Lea's Lunchroom

Lea's Lunchroom
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Lecompte
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 June 2018

After just missing them at closing by a half hour after seeing the billboard boasting "The Pie Capital of Louisiana," we actually drove three hours back to them a couple days later.

While the service was great and the little shopping area was fun to look at, the quality of the food wasn't up to scratch. We ordered their daily special and a ham & cheese sandwhich to split between us.

The daily special of roast beef, green beans, corn, and rice dressing were incredibly bland. Usually, I'm a dressing glutton, but I only ate a few bites before throwing in the towel.

If you go, I would definitely recommend the sandwhich. The ham was fresh, and the bun was toasted, and it was pretty good. Though over $7 for a sandwhich without any chips or sides seemed a bit on the high end to me.

We got two pies, blueberry with ice cream, and lemon. They were both good, but not exceptional, and while my companion wasn't bothered, I found the consistency of the lemon pie unusual, sort of bubbly, and I didn't eat more than two bites.

In the end, I'm happy to have tried them, if only for the historical quality of the restaurant, but it wasn't really worth the drive, and I'd only go back for dessert if I happened to be in the area.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

I had told my wife about this place where I had eaten pies back in the 70's & 80"s and if I was ever in the area we would stop in. So, we actually planned our stop here while traveling from Georgia to Southeast Texas. Stopped in at 9:30 in the morning for a piece of Coconut Pie and a cold glass of milk and were not disappointed. The wife said that everything I had told her of this place was true. We also bought a whole Pecan Pie to take with us. I haven't eaten a full meal here, but others have told me that it's a good place to eat. Prices were comfortable & service was down home-friendly.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Lea's is well known for their ham sandwich and pies, but the also have options with turkey, fried chicken, ham plates. Corn bread dressing, vegetables, potato salad, and a roll usually make up the plate. Top it off with a slice of pie and you are set. If this type of fare is to your liking, you will be satisfied.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This has been my go to place for pie for more years than I want to admit - today was my last.
Quality has gone way down - very little filling and 22 dollars apiece - no thank you

It was a good run Lea’s
Sad to see you fail

2  Thank Rosie2298
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We were so disappointed with our meal, my grilled cheese sandwich was $5.95!! Way too much. My daughter had red beans and rice that were very sweet, not common for us. Probably will never eat there again.

2  Thank RosieShow