“Louisiana home style”
other travellers have booked this property
Parking spot and side door The Master Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Front view of the house
Parking spot and side door
The Master Room
The Kitchen
Wine & Chocolate
Bathroom 1
Bathroom 2
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Brock T
“Louisiana home style ”
Reviewed 14 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

This was an excellent place to stay for a couple of nights! I see other people on the site have poo pooed it a bit but I can't find anything negative to comment on except the water pressure! Brand new easy to use thermostat kept the place comfortable at the least and cold for the most. The resident caretaker Renan was incredibly nice and overly helpful despite being on his days off during our stay. We invited him along with us to visit some local attractions as he was car less and we all had a ball together. Also, the host Toby was full of great tips for food, entertainment and other local tips! Would definitely stay there again!

maggie527...
Nashville, Tennessee
“disappointed”
Reviewed 13 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

I was part of a family trip for my youngest sons wedding. Our family gathered in this rental and were initially delighted... rustic, easy flow, but come night time WOW... by choice I slept on the couch in the living space and was somewhat comfortable if not a little cold as the night wore on but my kids and grandkids were miserable. my son and daughter made numerous trips to the thermostat trying to get air into the bunk room. the stick fan (very tiny) and ceiling fan did not work and the room itself was like a sauna. My daughter came out with sweat dripping off of her. multiple calls to management were not returned over the next days. the housekeeper for the second building attempted to fix the thermostat and left messages with the manager. she also returned with another very small but working floor fan she said she got from another unit. Still things were not good for long... getting ready for an evening wedding in LA with no air conditioning is very difficult unless you are planning a wedding in a pool and dripping with sweat upon arrival is not an issue !!!
Additionally, entry into the rental evidently does not require a knock ! I had small grandkids and having a stranger just walk in unannounced and without permission was for me unsettling. The location was perfect. If the air conditioner was working and management was more responsive I would have given this place a 5.... but I can only give it a 2.5....

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
22 Jul 2016
First and foremost I want to say we are very sorry that you had such an unsatisfactory experience with us at Cajun Hostel! Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We are sorry if there was a misunderstanding about the number and size of the bathrooms and that you had so much trouble with the thermostat. Our housekeeper Regina told me she helped to show you how to use the thermostat and we did not receive any missed calls or voicemails on both of our listed contact numbers until I spoke with one of the guests on the third day and offered to bring more fans and contact someone about looking at the AC. Otherwise we would have absolutely resolved this issue much sooner. Also, we do apologize if our assistant manager startled you. He did knock but there was no answer so he opened the door and announced that he was there. He is very sorry he made you so uncomfortable!

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about all of these issues. We truly value the opinions of our guests and we are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We hope to continue to grow and improve so that you will find Cajun Hostel to be the best of the best moving forward! We hope to see you back again, and to have the opportunity to change your opinion! All the best to you and your family!

Natasha Sorrel
Manager
Cajun Hostel
l881
“Hot and misadvertised! Great outdoor space!”
Reviewed 11 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

The house was advertised as 3 bed 3 bath, turned out to be 3 bed 2 bath, with only one really use able. To sit on the toilet in one my shoulder was against the wall and the other against the tiny shower. The shower had roaches. Most frustrating was the fact the house has a nest thermostat that the owner uses to override guests settings or preprogrammed to a really warm temperature. I didn't sleep the first two nights because I woke up sweating and the thermostat was set on 78, after setting it on 69 before bed. The owner finally brought 3 box fans the third day after multiple complaints. The fridge was full of beer when we showed up that the owner was selling at $3 a bottle. Might have been nice if we drank but not at all convenient if you want to buy groceries. Also, despite the fact we rented the house out the owner had to come into the house on multiple occasions to get supplies for the second rental in the back. Most apaling was the assistant manager walking in without knocking good thing my sister in law wasn't breastfeeding. The chocolates on the pillows were a nice touch. Just wish they werent melted cause the house was so hot. I wish I could attach photos.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
22 Jul 2016
Hi Libby,

First and foremost I want to say we are very sorry that you had such an unsatisfactory experience with us at Cajun Hostel! Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We are sorry if there was a misunderstanding about the number and size of the bathrooms and that you had so much trouble with the thermostat. Our housekeeper Regina told me she helped to show you how to use the thermostat and we did not receive any missed calls or voicemails on both of our listed contact numbers until I spoke with you on the third day and offered to bring more fans and contact someone about looking at the AC. Otherwise we would have absolutely resolved this issue much sooner. We did have someone spray for roaches and we apologize for that inconvenience. Also, we do apologize if our assistant manager startled you. He did knock but there was no answer so he opened the door and announced that he was there. He is very sorry he made you so uncomfortable!

Natasha Sorrel
Manager
Cajun Hostel
Tye W
San Diego, California
“Whole house rental, for six”
Reviewed 17 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

While crossing the country my family group of four adults and two children rolled up a couple minutes after 5pm on a rainy 1st of December. All ready to unload and start dinner. We could see the light was on for us.
Only we quickly realized that despite having reserved the hostel almost eight weeks prior, there was an electronic lock that we couldn't open. No instructions had ever been sent/received on how to open it. We tried calling the manager, but couldn't get through. We tried calling trip advisor and they couldn't get through. We emergency diverted to McDonald's while leaving Grandpa to swing on the porch.
Fortunately, crises was averted by sending an e-mail through Trip Advisor and the assistant manager Jake responded by caling us rather quickly. He sorted everything out for us and was easy to work with. He realized that a better phone number for the manager needed posting. Failure to clarify entry procedures was an oversight on both sides.
Once we were in, the house was all in order and the rest of the night went smooth. Two complimentary bottles of wine were laid out. The rooms were exactly as described/pictured --- with plenty of room for a couple with two children plus grandad and an adult niece to have their own space.
I would have no qualms going back --- only I'd be certain to fully prepare for arrival!
P.S. We think we left behind a child's mattress pad but didn't get a response from texting the management. So we're following up with an e-mail. It might end up a lost item.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, authentic feel of an actual house, and the reasonable rate.
Liked least: That tense hour after arrival wondering just where we'd end up for the night.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
31 Jan 2016
Hey Tye,

Thanks for the review. Sorry to hear that you had trouble with the code. We are new to trip advisor/flipkey but have over 100 reviews on other similar sites. We are happy that you enjoyed the remainder of your visit and we hope you found your mattress pad. We have 6 other locations in Lafayette so let us know if you guys come back in town.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing