All reviewsround housefront desknew orleansfrench quarterbar and grillwest bankhotel restaurantroad noiseattached restauranttop floorrestaurant next doorlight sleepersink areafree parkinggreat place to staywould stay here againpublic transportation
Reviewed 14 March 2018

A very busy hotel but a great front desk staff handling the hustle and bustle of travelers and families all wanting to get to there rooms or on a shuttle taking them somewhere.
This hotel has it right! Customer service oriented too. Probably making up for the outdoor pool and NO hot tub hahaha. No but really, the elevators are pretty quick and my room on the 8th floor had a decent view of the city. The rom was huge and ALL the amenities worked well. There was no microwave but I called the front desk and in no time there was a knock at my door and a man set up my microwave in a flash and was gone. There is a very small parking lot for the hotel but it seemed enough for the sort of travelers that visited here. There is a Bar and Grill attached called the Round House. Hence the shape of the hotel I guess lol.
Oh yes and I have to tell you that if you want to go to the French Quarter there is a shuttle that will take you and pick you up by simply calling when you're ready. I think it's a $5.00 charge but what the heck. It's perfect! Make sure you acquire a room rate with a breakfast included otherwise there is a charge. I have to tell you though that I did eat there and the breakfast buffet was delicious. This was a good hotel and I will BE DOING IT AGAIN HERE.

Room Tip: Call Ahead, Breakfast NOT included unless specified
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hi Cliffsiler,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn NEW ORLEANS WEST BANK TOWER. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for mentioning our Round House Bar & Grill, convenient location, and most importantly our customer service oriented team members. Our people make all the difference, thanks for noticing! We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

A huge shout out to Cody in engineering for turning a rough day into a much better one! The hotel was short staffed upon our arrival so it was a long wait at the front desk. When returning from dinner we weren’t able to get into our room. The keys weren’t working. After having to wait at the desk again to have our new keys not work again Cody determined the battery was going out on the lock. After getting us into the room Cody returned with breakfast and dinner vouchers for us. Thank you so much!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hi April,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn NEW ORLEANS WEST BANK TOWER. We truly appreciate it. Thanks also for mentioning Cody in your review. I will be sure to share your wonderful feedback with him at an upcoming rally. Please do come back soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

To cut a very long story short... First of all we couldn’t park on the property, it was full. An RV was taking up 6 spaces so they told us to park across the way in a church parking lot and to walk across the neighborhood to get back to the hotel. We booked a double room, got up to our room...1 king bed, dirty room. Pillows were turned sideways and an indention in the bed like someone had been in there watching tv. Used cups in the room and pillows not straight on loveseat. Front desk was no help, no manager on duty...ended up calling IHG to sort things out, got fed a lot of BS. Front desk ended up speaking with IHG and lied about what they’d told us.
Could type on here for another hour about this whole incident.
Just don’t stay here. Disgusting rooms, stained sheets and just a general bad attitude.
I’m attaching a photo of the headboard in our replacement room.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn NEW ORLEANS WEST BANK TOWER. I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. I'd love to discuss this more with you offline. If you'd be so kind to reach out to me via phone at 504-366-8535 ext 1315 or email at bstokes@hiwestbank.com I'd love to learn more. We take feedback very seriously and we will most definitely take action on the item you addressed.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

This has to be the worst Holiday Inn going. No parking, the room not made up and dirty. Not the room booked (twin beds) given a king room with one bed. I will never stay at a holiday inn anywhere in the world and will now cancel the group booking we’ve made for 28 people.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScubaTrust

Hi ScubaTrust,

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Get ready for the worse experience of your life, we get there about an hour early, stand at the counter, no other customers standing, well the EMPLOYEE is busy chatting with another EMPLOYEE, so we greet them like a good customer should act, when entering a biz to spend their hard earned money, so then she answered our hi " are you checking in? " Cause if you are, then you early, she said, wow!!!! Ok we do know that, we were just letting you know we are here incase the room is ready, "it's not" i said ok, we will just sit here and wait in the lobby, by the way I'm a ihg member, none of that was mentioned, she went back to her conversation, well it's after 3 we sat and waited, I decided to go back and ask her highness, if the room is ready, I must have committed a sin!!!!, She then tells me that she can't call the EMPLOYEE that's suppose to clean the rooms, cause she was busy, the room will not be ready for a while because , they had a full house the night before !!! Rudely I must say the attitude was, well is this the customers responsibility ? I guess I was suppose to schedule more ppl to come and work, since there was a full house, and I wanted to have a reservation with you days a head, I should have took care of schedules too, are you kiddin me? We had to drive for hours to get there, then wait for hours to check in, so we can get up to travel again, after we have to find food,.....etc, in a foreign town to us, that's not all , the lady on the front counter after hours, I went down to the little shop to get some water, she never got off her butt to come to the shop designated counter to check me out , she used her finger, to call me to where she was sitting on her A..., To pay for my water, the attitude is just nasty, this is not a place you want to go to, or spend your money, let me tell you, it's obvious a reflection of leadership, if any, who is the looser that's running this place, do you not see what's going on???? You are only as good as your worse employee, get a grip sir or maam, we will never come back and will make sure to post this everywhere, and to the ihg club, seriously !!! Get this corrected, WE ARE THE GUEST, YOU ARE NOT DOING US A FAVOR, we pay for it, so provide what's paid for!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Sam B
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hi Sam,