“The menu”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The entire menu is wonderful, bayou catfish was delicious, you will love this place ,my family and I have gone several times, I will return

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Sunday evening we made a bad decision. Fried cheese was not good cheese. Very little taste. Shrimp bisque had parts of shell on the shrimp. Cream gravy with chicken was not edible. Margarita could not be finished. Not sure why everything was so bad but I won’t go back to find out what went wrong.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I had a Seafood Platter my fiance had a Shrimp Fettuccine. We love the taste we order some crawfish also it was well seasoned. I will be visiting again real soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived at Sammy’s about half an hour before closing. We kind of expected less than great service and food for that reason. But it was just the opposite. The food was fantastic and so was the service. They never hurried us at all. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Having a recent hankering for good honest LA seafood, I headed to Sammy's. It's a boisterous & noisy spot, but, popular with local Baton Rouge residents. The joint was jumping, so to speak. There were young & old, families with kids, townsfolk & university students...a great social & racial mix of customers. My taste was for their excellent seafood platter, a dish I had enjoyed on previous visits & it did not fail to satisfy, again. I also recommend the twice baked potato. Next to me was a table of what looked to be basketball players, judging from their shirts & height. They were enjoying a bucket of boiled crawfish, a pitcher of beer & boiled corn & spicy potatoes. There are many other choices on the menu, including gumbo, appetizers & salads & a generous choice of fish in all styles of preparation...all great examples of popular local favourites. One nice touch is a collection of aquariums filled with tropical & local fish...all in keeping with the seafood theme. Service is timely, pleasant & efficient. I heartily recommend Sammy's for a night out which won't break the bank & is very satisfying to your taste buds.