“Wonderful day in the country”

Equus Run Vineyard & Winery
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Midway
More attraction details
Owner description: Our winery is nestled on 38 acres surrounded by the meandering South Elkhorn Creek and scenic horse farms. We are open year round with numerous events such as local music, dinner theatre, open houses, and outdoor concerts. Wedding and party rental of renovated tobacco barns is available. Wine tastings and tours daily.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Beautiful location in the bluegrass. 4 of us had a great tour of the winery with Samantha (you rocked!) and a tasting as well. Samantha answered many questions we had about the different wine choices and her suggestions were spot on. We will definitely be back!

CiciPjt, Owner at Equus Run Vineyard & Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Thank you so much for visiting our winery and also commenting on one of my employee's customer service! That's music to my ears! Please look me up the next time you visit to say "hello".....I'm usually on the tractor or in a wine tank somewhere on the property. Thank you for supporting our wine country in horse country! Cynthia, Owner

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We have always loved ERV! It's such a beautiful Winery! Live music every Sunday afternoon from May - Oct. They have a large selection of wine and they also serve beer! Bring a picnic basket and stay for the day! If you're traveling through or a local who hasn't made it here yet....we highly recommend stopping by, taste and tour this beautiful KY Winery! If you get a chance, don't miss one of the Summer Concert Series performances in the gorgeous outdoor amphitheater!

CiciPjt, Owner at Equus Run Vineyard & Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Thank you for your support of our winery in the Bluegrass! We are celebrating 19 years because of customers like you supporting us. Thank you kindly. Cynthia

Reviewed 23 June 2017

We went for the tasting and Megan was the server. She was still learning about the winemaking but was eager to learn and lovely to us. We tasted a number of wines and our favourites were the Cab Rose, Equestrian Merlot and the Passionate Kiss which is a dessert red with chocolate so perfect for a chocolate dessert! The port (apologies I can't remember the name) was also very good. Well worth a visit.

CiciPjt, Owner at Equus Run Vineyard & Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Thank you for your review! We hope that you visit us again and please say 'hello'. We're open 7 days a week always sipping wine in the Bluegrass!

Reviewed 11 June 2017

A friend and I were traveling through Kentucky enjoying the beautiful backroads the state has to offer. We happened upon Equus Run Vineyard and Winery on a cool rainy day. But once we walked in the warmth and friendly ladies working there totally warmed us up. Sonja and Sky were excellent hostesses! We enjoyed the wines. We walked around outside a bit despite the weather and it appears to be a lovely venue. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank cathyf6097
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

My first visit to a Kentucky winery and I am impressed. Samantha, the tasting steward, was very helpful in explaining the varieties of wines and the notes I might taste. The sparkling rosé was good, as were the 2 merlots.
Not enough time this trip to visit more wineries in the Lexington area. I guess that means I get to come back!

1  Thank CSCgrad01