“Excellent wine, friendly server”

Equus Run Vineyard & Winery
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Midway
More attraction details
Owner description: Our winery is nestled on 38 acres surrounded by the meandering South Elkhorn Creek and scenic horse farms. We are open year round with numerous events such as local music, dinner theatre, open houses, and outdoor concerts. Wedding and party rental of renovated tobacco barns is available. Wine tastings and tours daily.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 23 June 2017

We went for the tasting and Megan was the server. She was still learning about the winemaking but was eager to learn and lovely to us. We tasted a number of wines and our favourites were the Cab Rose, Equestrian Merlot and the Passionate Kiss which is a dessert red with chocolate so perfect for a chocolate dessert! The port (apologies I can't remember the name) was also very good. Well worth a visit.

CiciPjt, Owner at Equus Run Vineyard & Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Thank you for your review! We hope that you visit us again and please say 'hello'. We're open 7 days a week always sipping wine in the Bluegrass!

Reviewed 11 June 2017

A friend and I were traveling through Kentucky enjoying the beautiful backroads the state has to offer. We happened upon Equus Run Vineyard and Winery on a cool rainy day. But once we walked in the warmth and friendly ladies working there totally warmed us up. Sonja and Sky were excellent hostesses! We enjoyed the wines. We walked around outside a bit despite the weather and it appears to be a lovely venue. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank cathyf6097
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

My first visit to a Kentucky winery and I am impressed. Samantha, the tasting steward, was very helpful in explaining the varieties of wines and the notes I might taste. The sparkling rosé was good, as were the 2 merlots.
Not enough time this trip to visit more wineries in the Lexington area. I guess that means I get to come back!

1  Thank CSCgrad01
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our afternoon at Equus Run. We went with friends who have a Club membership which allowed the 6 of us to sample several different wines. The biggest problem was the computer system which really slowed things down. It took a long time to actually pay for the wines that we had chosen. Equus also has available for sale several cheeses, meats and crackers to enjoy with your wine. All very good!

1  Thank Anne W
Reviewed 24 May 2017

My wedding day at Equus Run was perfect! The staff at Equus Run were extremely helpful and made me feel like family. The staff and event manager, Becky, went out of their way to accommodate all of our many requests during the planning of our wedding and reception. Equus Run is the perfect wedding venue! It is also an excellent place to visit for a wine tasting, or to enjoy live music on the weekends! The grounds are beautiful and the wine is top notch! Great place to visit in the heart of horse country.

1  Thank Lesley C