“Girlfriend road trip through Kentucky!”

Equus Run Vineyard & Winery
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Midway
More attraction details
Owner description: Our winery is nestled on 38 acres surrounded by the meandering South Elkhorn Creek and scenic horse farms. We are open year round with numerous events such as local music, dinner theatre, open houses, and outdoor concerts. Wedding and party rental of renovated tobacco barns is available. Wine tastings and tours daily.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 11 June 2017

A friend and I were traveling through Kentucky enjoying the beautiful backroads the state has to offer. We happened upon Equus Run Vineyard and Winery on a cool rainy day. But once we walked in the warmth and friendly ladies working there totally warmed us up. Sonja and Sky were excellent hostesses! We enjoyed the wines. We walked around outside a bit despite the weather and it appears to be a lovely venue. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank cathyf6097

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

My first visit to a Kentucky winery and I am impressed. Samantha, the tasting steward, was very helpful in explaining the varieties of wines and the notes I might taste. The sparkling rosé was good, as were the 2 merlots.
Not enough time this trip to visit more wineries in the Lexington area. I guess that means I get to come back!

1  Thank CSCgrad01
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our afternoon at Equus Run. We went with friends who have a Club membership which allowed the 6 of us to sample several different wines. The biggest problem was the computer system which really slowed things down. It took a long time to actually pay for the wines that we had chosen. Equus also has available for sale several cheeses, meats and crackers to enjoy with your wine. All very good!

1  Thank Anne W
Reviewed 24 May 2017

My wedding day at Equus Run was perfect! The staff at Equus Run were extremely helpful and made me feel like family. The staff and event manager, Becky, went out of their way to accommodate all of our many requests during the planning of our wedding and reception. Equus Run is the perfect wedding venue! It is also an excellent place to visit for a wine tasting, or to enjoy live music on the weekends! The grounds are beautiful and the wine is top notch! Great place to visit in the heart of horse country.

1  Thank Lesley C
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Equus Run is about a 7 minute drive off I-64 and a very relaxing place to visit. It is a great place to visit for 30-40 minutes or an entire afternoon.
We were there this past Sunday, helping celebrate their 19th birthday. Our three couples tasted for about 30 minutes, chose a bottle of wine and sat on the patio listening to live music. Each Sunday over the summer there is live music from about 20 different groups playing all types of music.
But, the best part is the staff. They are all so friendly & outgoing and are knowledgeable about the wine produced right on site. Sonjia is an "old timer" and Summer is new, but both knew about the wines and were funny and pleasant. I cannot say enough about how pleasant it is to wander through the grapevines and talk with the staff. Oh, there is a small put-put course for the kids.
If you're driving on I-64, make sure to follow the signs to Equus Run.

1  Thank poppopsilver
CiciPjt, Owner at Equus Run Vineyard & Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you so much for your review! Our 19th winery anniversary was a good day shared with friends of the winery and many others. And the weather prevailed with a beautiful afternoon. Pls visit us again and look me up to say "hello". Thank you for supporting local wineries. Cynthia, Owner