“Relaxing”
Additional Outdoor Dining Set
Entrance / Driveway to the Cottages
Picnic Area for Large Groups
An Overlook of the Pond
The landscape between the cottages
Beside The Elwood Cottage / Driveway
The Elwood Cottage
Just the right amount of natural Light. Come take a looksie from the balcony...at The Elwood Cottage
A breakfast nook and laundry room, too!
The Price is Right!
Easy Breezy
Smell the Flowers
Daniel Boone National Forest -- View from the covered patio beside the Hot Tub
Hot tub at The Elwood Cottage
From the driveway beside the Pond   *all photos this listing taken May-Oct. 2012
So colorful!
Beautiful Autumn here at Hisel Valley Retreat
*all photos this listing taken May-Oct. 2012
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Linda S
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 4 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Lainhart cottage on 3/2/13. Mr.Bowen showed us around the cottage which was spotless. He even had treats for our 2 dogs. I was very happy to know they allowed dogs since not many rentals do. Well all of us loved it there! The pictures on the website do not do it justice. It has a big kitchen/dining area. Everything you need to fix a nice meal,I liked that they have a water cooler in the kitchen. It's nice to have a cold glass of water while in the hot-tub! The deck is large with a grill,patio furniture a glider and a 5 person hot-tub! I must admit that was my favorite part! It snowed while we were there and it was nice to have the snow fall on your face while in the hot tub! It is very private,nothing but birds and the sound of geese from the pond down below.
My husband and I are definitely going back! If you want a relaxing,peaceful get-a-way,Hisel Valley Retreat is for you! Thanks again to Mr.Bowen for letting us visit his wonderful cottage! Tell buddy hi from us and hope to see you both again soon!

Value Location
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
4 Mar 2013
Thank-you for the kind words. We love dogs, and your two dogs were great. I sure hope that you do get the chance to come back, your always welcome.
IN
Reviewed 25 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
25 Nov 2012
These people are so nice, I sure hope that they get a chance to come so we can get better aquainted.. It was good having them here to share our little retreat.
MD
Reviewed 29 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
29 Oct 2012
Sabrina was wonderful. I sure hope she gets a chance to come back.
KY
Reviewed 29 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
29 Oct 2012
Dave and Carole are great people, and we became friends during their short visit and can't wait for them to come back. I will remember the gifts that Dave gave me.
WI
Reviewed 25 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
25 Oct 2012
I can't say enough good things about these people, they were very nice and just the kind of people that I want here. I have made some new friends and hope they do come back.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing