“DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Whitecroft
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Greek, British, Gastropub, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Miners Arms is a family run, award winning Freehouse Pub & Restaurant. It has a stunning 4 star Holiday Cottage with wifi, forest views and a hot-tub. The Miners is a popular, locally supported pub as well as being a destination venue for diners and live music lovers. It is host to Jazz and other music nights. A friendly place with log fires set at the gateway to the forest of dean. Owners Mario & Karen welcome walkers, dog owners, children, drinkers, diners and musicians! Good freshly made local produce cooked with love. All served in a clean and welcoming environment. Call to make your reservation, book your party or even to have a game of traditional skittles! The Miners is open 7 days a week from midday every day of the year. Lunch and dinner is served daily and booking is always advised!
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Currently sat in the restaurant writing this. We turned up at the bar and after what felt like forever had to go and search for a member of staff to serve us. Mike came to the bar and we asked if he had a table for 4, he looked in his diary and at the tables bearing in mind no-one else was in and gave us a table. We had already looked at the online menu before we came and seen stuff we fancied, but when receiving the menu they weren't actually on there, so I asked if the items we had viewed were available to be told no the website is out of date and needs to be updated. Great so we had to order from the very lacking menu with poor customer service. Lovely of Mike to shout across the bar fag break and spark up as soon as he got outside jumping in his car and disappearing for 10mins, other customers that had come in by that point also commented. Ordered sausage chips and beans for our boys and for served sausage mash and peas. When we asked another member of staff to speak to the manager she happily obliged, 10mins later we were still waiting, Mike finally came over and told him of the issues to be mostly dismissed. My husband said he was not paying full price, Mike wandered off and again we had to hunt him down to sort the issue as he disappeared, very rude and would never return. Lovely tough steak and microwaved sausages, what happened to the Cypriot side of it...

2  Thank Tinkerbell_202
Mariominers, Owner at The Miners Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Dear reader.
I have already responded to this review on other platforms but due to the level of anger towards my team, I will for your benefit, in point form repeat how we handled this angry customer.

1. The restaurant was fully booked - you can't tell unless you look at the bookings book.
2. The menu online states subject to change - it does often. Weekly sometimes.
3. Mike doesn't smoke, he was having a joke with the team. Relax
4. He put through the wrong kids order, if you had informed us when you received the meals they would have taken a couple of minutes to put right. A chance to correct this minor error would have been nice. Instead of asking you sat at the table writing a review.
5. Steak was perfect. Not having that at all. 3 people checked it in the kitchen when it came back. Did you send it back to be changed or corrected? No. Too busy writing a review.
6. Microwaved sausages? You are joking.

So how did the Miners Arms deal with this?

1. The kids food was not charged for despite the fact that one plate was clean and the 3 year old had a good go. We would have changed the food but writing a nasty reviews was clearly more important than letting us get it right on the day.
2. Despite the steak being perfectly cooked and fine that was also discounted.
3. We take it that the lady's meal was fine as she made no comment about that anywhere.

What else did we do?

1. We didn't get angry, despite abuse and personal attacks on the team.
2. The owner even offered to pay for another visit for the whole family to demonstrate that we are nice people, doing our best and would like to get it right. No mention of that either.

Where do we go from here I hear you asking!

1. They clearly do not to give us a chance to show some love and good Karma.
2. The owner has now shown the reviews to all the team. No one wants to serve you or have you back. Sorry.

Finally

I tried, honestly hand on heart, on my daughter's life I tried to get my head around why these people got so angry with Mike who only really got it wrong by ringing in Sausage Mash Peas instead of chips.

Tinkerbell - I hope you are all well and find somewhere fabulous for your boys and family to eat. Can we all get on with our lives now?

See I am still not being nasty?

END OF SAUSAGE & CHIPS-GATE!

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Really good food and the service - brilliant, staff looked like they were enjoying themselves, they looked comfortable. Very well cared for pub and I would love to go back.....Please can you take over the pub above (the royal oak) as well, and make it into the amazing place you have now. THEY NEED HELP....

Thank you.
I have a lovely team, lots of laughter and yes we are relaxed. Life is too short for bad attitudes.
We do our best, thanks again Adrian.
Mario

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

The miners arms is my local pub. The food is lovely and the staff are very helpful. Pub has nice atmosphere. We also had daughters christening party here and they did a fab job. Would recommend!

What a splendid day it was too. We were full of happiness for you and your family. Lovely people x

Mario

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Not much to say really. Customer service leaves a lot to be desired and the food tasted like it had been reheated from months ago. I'm sorry to say I won't be returning until drastic changes are made.

Thank you for your kind words and constructive feedback.
Apologies for the short response but I am busy preparing Christmas dinner, as you know I like to cook meals well in advance.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We visited the miners arms with our 2 young children, having stopped off from the steam railway. The food was very poor. The chips were soggy and my halloumi & “pulled pork” ciabatta was actually bacon. The only bright side to our meal were the kids ice creams that came in a fun elephant and monster pot. They have taken them home to use again. Overall reminds me of pub grub served 20 years ago and wouldn’t eat there again.

Mariominers, Owner at The Miners Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

We have never sold Halloumi and 'pulled pork" ever. Not even 20 years ago. Glad the ice cream toys hit the spot!