All reviews room was clean mammoth cave staff was friendly hot breakfast convenient location per night would stay again exit interstate
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this motel this weekend and we were very disappointed. Other than the friendly staff (which was great), there is little positive to say about our stay. The pool is closed, the room wasn’t particularly clean (crumbs and trash in the floor), there was patchwork cover of holes in the walls, and the wi-fi didn’t work in our room. Unfortunately even the friendliest staff can’t make up for poor conditions.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank gbfwells
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We booked a room on the way to visit Mammoth Cave.
Upon arrival we were appalled by the surrounding , especially the sight of a seemingly semi truck junk yard. On top the pool was closed for repairs.
When we went into the room, a musty, old smell greated us, the floor has not been vacuumed, the refrigerator was warm inside, Temperatur adjustment button was missing, the pan under the freezer part was full of water.
The comforter had a hole from cigarette burns, the bathroom sink was not wiped down properly.
All over all a very unsatisfactory experience
We decided to get a refund and look for a better hotel what we found in Cave City at a cheaper price .

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pupperle
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for an evening. The hotel is under new management. The front desk clerks were very friendly. We had an issue with our key cards and they resolved our issue immediately. The room was very clean and updated. We didn't get breakfast in the morning because we were running late. However I checked it out while checking out and they have a good selection. When we come out this way again we will definitely stay here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My personal opinion is that this is an OLD motel that someone attempted to refurbish from the inside. It did not hide the cracks in the ceiling or the fact that the bathroom was sadly outdated. We all skipped taking a shower. The positive is that the front desk is friendly and they do bring it to your attention that the pool is closed before checking in. ( no water in pool and chair sitting in the middle of it)The beds looked updated but this place has a long way to go. The sign says under new management but I don’t see how that will fix anything. I would suggest knocking the entire building down and starting new. That being said, if you are on a budget, you can’t beat the price and the convenience to getting to Mammoth Caves. The sheets were clean and the bed comfortable. It is definitely a little rough around the edges!!!

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I booked three nights here over a month in advance for our family vacation to Mammoth Caves. When we pulled in the parking lot, I was mortified. There is an adult superstore across the street, a truck stop and semi junkyard next door and nothing else around. Not a place for children. Then upon trying to check in, we find out the pool is closed. Unacceptable. There was no mention of this prior to check in even though it had been closed for almost two weeks. The breakfast area is in the front lobby with few tables in a very cramped area. There was only one person working in the entire place while we were there. We ended up spending the next two hours attempting to get a refund and find a new place to stay. We ended up finding a hotel in Glasgow, KY for the same price with much better accommodations. I suggest you keep looking and rule this one out.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
KimKY282, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Horse Cave, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

I am sorry about the pool being closed and it is mentioned on our website. Regarding, what type of business people choose to open; that we have no control over. There is actually a hotel across the street as the adult store is farther on down but if we could, we would move it to an alternate exit. I have shared your feedback regarding the issues we can fix to ensure it doesn't happen again. Thank you.