“Great place”

Montagne Deli & Wedding Venue
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Ashton
Cuisines: Pizza, Wine Bar
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

Our family stopped over for a meal and it was very refreshing as well as relaxing. The owner gave us a tour and guide of how Cheese is made. The kids loved it.

We had Pizza and the setting between the mountains is breath taking. Excellent choice of Wines available and so many variety of cheeses. The quality of the cheese is excellent.

A must do anyone visiting the area.

Ben and family Mission Botswana

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed 2 April 2016

A group of us visited this restaurant for Good Friday lunch and it was very disapopinting. The place and situation is nice, lovely peaceful scenery and looked very clean. The service was pretty dismal and we waited 45 minutes before we even got a menu. The chicken 'burger' was a lump of rubber chicken which did not resemble a burger at all, it was overcooked and served with soggy white chips and a salad which had seen better days (black edged lettuce, no tomatoes). Pizzas were under cooked and the base instead of being crispy (as we had been told they would be) was soggy. Toppings seemed to be cheese cheese and more cheese and very little else. Standard pizza had no tomato on. I asked for bottled water and in the end after three requests including two 'get up from the table and ask at the counter" I gave up and went out to the car and brought in my own bottled water. Nonchalant attitude from waitress who when we complained seemed upset with us and said she was expected to 'do it all' hence the bad service and food ! It did seem like she was running around trying to see to everything. perhaps they were unable to get staff on a bank holiday. but if so, then don't open to the public !

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank Salthouse2014
Reviewed 7 March 2016

I visit this place quite often so we brought some overseas visitors along for lunch one day. They loved the beautiful view and the we all found the food very good. The portions were very generous, it was affordable and our waitress was very pleasant and efficient. I noticed there have been some bad reviews, which I find hard to understand. I have never had a bad experience here.

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank 714Lesley
Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

The venue has a great scenic spot overlooking the meadows and the mountains. Our food was disappointing. The cheese platter was very basic and the pizza was drowned in cheese with raw chicken below it.
But worth a stop for cheese tasting (free) and a glass of wine to soak up the view and let the kids run around in the play area.
If you get there before 12 they serve omelette s for r20. I can't see how that can be a bargain on the R60 route!
I wish I could recommend it more as it is such a beautiful spot . Just needs more imagination and effort with the food and it will be perfect

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 11 December 2015

My son and I popped in to buy some cheese which is really good, and decided to have a light lunch. We ordered a toasted smoked bacon and cheese with a side of chips. We got a side of toasted bacon and cheese and a main of chips. Tasteless and total ripoof

Date of visit: December 2015