The Greenway Hotel and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubafternoon teasteam roomon arrivalglass of champagnefull body massageamuse bouchelovely hotelsconesdouble showerlounge areacoach housethe main hotelrelaxing breakevening mealbirthday treatbrasserie menu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

4 of us enjoyed Sunday lunch here. Lovely building, good service and really nice food. would definately recommend. Our wine choice of Argentina Malbec topped the meal too. The view into the garden looked very pretty as it had snowed. Nice setting for a spa hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
DGMCheltenham, Manager at The Greenway Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Sue F, Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent lunch experience with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us so much and I will pass on your comments to the team. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The staff make this an excellent venue. From start to finish, all departments excellent service. 2 small things stopped the 5 star rating for me - 1 the “half a piece”of black pudding at breakfast when ordered as an extra just seems a bit of a penny pincher and secondly the noisy bottle recycling being done at 5.30am. Apart from that - excellent.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear PiratePeters, Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry for the points which you have raised, certainly the 5.30am bottles which I will address, this should not have happened. I will also discuss the black pudding with our chef. I am so happy to hear that the team looked after you so well and will ensure this is communicated with them all. I do hope we can welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

16 of us went along to celebrate a family birthday, we had a private room which was stunning. We were asked to provide a pre order as we were a large party. I was told our meal would have to be booked later than usual at 14:30 because we were a large party, we reveived an email asking us to arrive a 14:00 for drinks before dining, Unfortunately there were so many people in the lounge is was very difficult to get a seat. Staff did however attempt to accommodate us after I pointed out we had been specifically asked to arrive at 14:00 for drinks before dining. Our amuse bouche was very nice as were our starters, the main course was not, the beef was fatty and underdone, the lamb was chewy and tough. We placed 5 orders for the vegetarian curried cauliflower, the portion size was miniscule a huge dinner plate with around 7 small flouettes of cauliflower and a quenelle of potato, I couldn't believe my eyes, I looked at my father in laws plate loaded with roast potatoes, roasted veg, yourkshire pudding, underdone and fatty roast beef and almost laughed. I left the room and sought the restaurant manager, I asked why the vegetarian option was so smalll, where was the rest of the meal, he informed me the meal was complete and offered to get us some more vegetables, we declined as plain vegetables was not going to improve the dish in any way. He offered a cheese course at the end of the meal which we accepted. Pudding was acceptable although those who ordered sticky toffee pudding were surprised to receive ginger cake. The service of food and drinks in the room was sketchy at best, my sister in laws wine was placed on a separate table and never poured for her, we had to request twice for an order of drinks to be taken. Overall a really disappointing meal which is such a shame in such a beautiful setting. I did write giving the hotel some feedback, their response was that "no one has ever complained about Sunday lunch before" (see previous feedback relating to exact same issues) and that my comments in relation to the portion size of the vegetarian food would be passed along, they would look forward to welcoming us back. That will not be happening.

Room Tip: We did not stay overnight
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
DGMCheltenham, Manager at The Greenway Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear Michelle T,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great dining experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Colleen

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

This was my second visit to The Greenway and it was as pleasant and relaxing as my first! This 16th century Elizabethan manor house hotel has plenty of country charm. There is a lovely ambience as soon as you step inside.

My friend and I found a comfy couch in the bar area and were fortunate to be on our own for most of the afternoon. I had forgotten the delicious, possibly home-made, biscuits served with our coffee. They really are scrumptious and make the experience extra special. Prices are high but if you’re looking to spend quality time in a relaxed, luxury setting then it’s certainly worth paying the extra!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear TracyW852, Thank you so much for your review, I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience. I very much hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Beautiful hotel. Fantastic Spa with easy to use pool and Jacuzzi . which is outside but as it came up to our necks it made it good fun. It was our wedding anniversary and it all felt like a delightful treat. Our the meals relaxing and delicious. The room was beautiful with plenty of space. The grounds look lovely but too cold for a walk round. This was not our first stay and will not be our last

Stayed: November 2017
DGMCheltenham, Manager at The Greenway Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear Mickey39, Thank you for taking the time to write and tell us of your recent experience. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.