“STEAK !”

Ranked #3 of 152 Restaurants in Covington
Price range: US$11 - US$49
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Trendy Steakhouse voted "Best Steak" of Northern Kentucky 2013 - 2018! This cozy spot offers fresh, house made food with a large menu including delicious steaks, seafood, pastas and burgers. Dine inside or outside. No reservation required. Large groups welcome, call ahead. Located walking distance from hotels, shuttle and stadiums. Serving Brunch Sat & Sun 10 am, lunch and dinner daily. Free parking three lots behind restaurant.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Great steak with all the trimmings! Staff attentive, food and drinks served quickly. Every detail including the salads were perfect. Large portions for plenty of leftovers.

3  Thank Jack C

Reviewed 15 February 2018

There are a lot of great steak houses in the Cincinnati/Northern KY area, so almost went with something else. Ordered the steak and it was a very good decision - great cut of meat, nicely prepared. Good selection of wines, comfortable atmosphere, staff was solid.

3  Thank anytimeanyplace
Reviewed 12 February 2018

We met some friends here on a Saturday night @ 5:00 pm. We did make reservations. This is on the smaller size of a restaurant. It is downtown with parking available around the back. We had head rave reviews of this place thought we would give it a try so glad we did. We started with mozzarella sticks. They were huge and sooo yummy. Definitely a crave item. We did have the Calamari and it was OK. I had the filet with a baked potato. The steak was so tender you didn't even have to cut it. We have been to Ruth Chris, Morton's, Pat's, Tony's etc. This was delicious. The others got one of their specialty steaks which was the Blinker's. This was a sirloin covered in garlic butter and mushrooms. This made it really good. Next time I will order my filet with the garlic butter. They do have other toppings for it as well. The side salad was mixed spring greens, tomatoes, cucumbers & onions. The parmesan peppercorn was delicious. My son had the chocolate bread pudding and shared it. IT was very buttery, choclatey and oh so good. We will be back.
Our server Amy was top notch!!

3  Thank phislamajama
Reviewed 4 February 2018

I think Blinker's Tavern is a rare example of a restaurant that does it all quite well--got a lively bar scene, lots of sidewalk seating under umbrellas for sunny days, diverse and interesting menu AND everything I've tried here has been very good.

BUT on top of all that--it's actually got my favorite thing of all: an almost-private patio tucked away out back, covered with lovely, twining green vines, shady with a little sun peeking through! Yes, a quiet little oasis in the heart of Covington! You can tell I'm a romantic--but that patio IS a great place to bring your partner. OR, bring your copy of "Jane Eyre" for a re-read while tucking into a scrumptious Kentucky Hot Brown (they've even got GOETTA hot browns, I mean--wow, they're great). Only 5 minutes over the Roebling Suspension Bridge to Cincinnati... and a large parking lot in back. Friendly wait staff. The main room seems noisy to me (near the bar), but that's part of the busy vibe here. And I like that they have a larger, slightly quieter room in front which also has tables put together for a bigger group--separate from the bar area.

Very creative menu that shows they are watching some culinary trends, as well as a good selection of comfort food such as very good mashed potatoes and other interestingly-prepared veg sides. Nothing packaged here, ie., dressings are delicious and everything seems made with care. There are vegan choices, too. And it's got a friendly feeling about it. One of the best of neighborhood restaurants, located in the Licking Riverside Historic District, perfect for strolls along the Ohio River after dinner, but the prices are not snooty, esp. for lunch.

2  Thank theogirl
Reviewed 28 January 2018

wasn't one of my favorite places to eat as far as the food goes, but was a real nice vintage bar tavern with friendly workers. i thought is was rather pricely for the food, and thought food was average,,,,not bad, but not one i would remember. might have been a bad day. but all 6 of us thought the same

1  Thank ronk699