All reviews spent one night mammoth cave staff was friendly overnight stay great room beds were comfortable visitor center decent breakfast location was perfect nice stay biscuits cracker barrel great price off the highway waffles other attractions dinosaur world
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We are economy seekers and this hotel was friendly, clean, safe, and comfortable. Breakfast was also a step up with some sausage, eggs, and biscuits. Of course, if you want luxury, you'll need to pay for it and this is not the place. I would stay again with our family of four.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
redroofc2016, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear LoveMyDogDixie , Thank you So much for Great review . We are very glad overall we fit in your requirements. We appreciate you appreciating our breakfast. Hopefully your next stay is as pleasant as previous one. Thank you.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

My kids (ages 8-16) and I were traveling from Louisiana to Michigan and stopped an extra night in Cave City to go visit Mammoth Cave and other local sites. The owners obviously had attempted a pseudo-upgrade with new bedspreads, updated lighting, etc. We had a room with 2 queen beds, microwave, & fridge. The man who checked us in was very accommodating and polite. Our rate was $75/night, which was overpriced based on what we ended up with. I ALWAYS check mattresses for bed bugs upon arrival at a hotel. While I didn't find any bed bugs, I was disgusted at the condition of the mattresses (see photos). They were totally sprung. No support whatsoever. And they were stained. I went to the office and showed the pics to the employee and explained that I would definitely have back pain if I spent 2 nights on a bed like that. He apologized and offered to give us another room. He took me to the other room for me to check it out, but the beds were exactly the same. When the owners "upgraded," all they did was buy new linens. They kept the old nasty mattresses. NOTE: The mattresses were not "damaged by the previous guest in that room." They were old and gross, in BOTH rooms we were offered. There are pics on tripadvisor of the same mattresses worn and stained back in 2013. Not wanting to go through a major upheaval with my kids and having to find another hotel for 2 nights, I decided to stay in the original room. There were a few gnats in the room as well as a couple of other kinds of bugs, including one on my daughter's pillow. The whole stay I felt like something was crawling on me. The towels were like sandpaper. The bathroom doorknob was loose (see pics). The toilet leaked a LOT onto the floor every time we flushed. The maintenance guy tried to fix it but it was still leaking when we left. Although the bathroom counter had a built-in kleenex opening, they did not provide a box of kleenex. Instead, they provided a little pocket pack of kleenex with the Red Roof logo on the package. The breakfast was acceptable as far as free breakfasts go. The employees were nice and attentive, but there's only so much they can do with the condition of the hotel.

The whole area is absolutely gorgeous. Definitely visit Cave City. But stay somewhere else if you want to be comfortable.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else or be prepared for roughing it.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank V G
redroofc2016, Owner at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thank you So much For taking precious time to give us review AGAIN (After Removing number of person in 1 room were 7 kids + you) after the management review . As my manager has already apologized about the issue and I apologize about the issue as well . This place is under new ownership and new management .As you have mentioned gross for that stain and cut that does not just appear by it self (They were old and gross)I don't know other mattress but I know mattress here does not have the tendency to make cut by it-self . Thank you for opening our eyes so that now we can charge responsible guest for damages like this . Thank you .

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Very clean, nicely-priced, basic hotel. We just spent one night there while visiting Mammoth Cave, and it offered a friendly, air-conditioned place to rest. It looked like the pool was closed, but we didn't plan to use it anyway. The breakfast had yummy waffles, sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits, cereal, coffee, and juice. Everything we ate was good!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
redroofc2016, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Dear Amygoe , Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience for your stay here. All my staff is very happy we were able to provide overall great stay and very glad you appreciate our breakfast. Hopefully your next stay is as pleasant as previous one. Thank you .

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We were in town for a friends daughters wedding. The staff wax. Dry accommodating, the rooms were affordable, clean and comfortable! It was conveniently located and we enjoyed our four day stay there! They also accommodate pets. We would definitely stay there again! Thank you to the kind staff as well!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
redroofc2016, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Debbie, Thank you so much for taking time to share your Experience. My staff highly appreciate's their hard work was praised. I am very happy you had awesome time here .We will be pleased to see you guys on your next trip. Thank you.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

We had a nice stay here when we were visiting Mammoth Cave. The location is great for visiting the park. The room was clean and had been recently updated. The bed was comfortable. It is close to Cracker Barrel and a really good Mexican restaurant. I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
redroofc2016, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Dear Karen , Thank you so much taking time to share your experience for your stay . Feedback like yours is Encouragement to my entire team . We are very glad we were able to make your stay clean and comfortable and you enjoyed around here while visiting cave's . Thank you for noticing our updates . Hopefully see you soon . Thank you.