All reviews indoor pool front desk cracker barrel mammoth cave yogurt room was clean hard boiled eggs free breakfast make your own waffles fridge and microwave comfortable stay visit mammoth staff was friendly sausage the breakfast area mexican restaurant bowling green
Reviewed 21 April 2015

This hotel is in a great location, within walking distance from Cracker Barrel and McDonald's. Just off the Interstate, but very quiet. Nice clean room and good bed. Just about as close as you can get to Mammoth Cave, about two miles down the road.

Room Tip: Very quiet location off the main road. did not hear any noise from outside and inside hallway was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travellintheusa
gmky165, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2015

Thank you very much for the great review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent trip to visit Mammoth Cave. Thank you for staying with us, hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 April 2015

This hotel is def showing its age. In fairness it may have been the nicest hotel close to Mammoth caves but for this city boy it was a bit of a shock to the system. There are no pizza places that deliver to the hotel. But, there is a pizza hut within a mile or so. Why they do not deliver is beyond me. But, the hotel room was reasonably clean. They made a lot of confusing mistakes like knowing that a family of four was checking in but only giving you two towels. We did request more and they delivered them in about 30 minutes or so. The breakfast was actually pretty good by hotel standards. The hotel was packed because it was spring break so there was no place to sit and eat my breakfast but I just took a plate back up to my room. But, the coffee maker in my room was so old and archaic that it did not really produce coffee. I suppose it could have been user error but I have stayed at a lot of hotels in my days and never have I had a coffee maker produce a brown water like substance that sort of resembled coffee but not really. Also, the handle on the shower was so lose that adjusting the temp was tough. The pull out couch was super small. I had two young kids sleeping on it so we made do but it was probably twin sized maybe? All in all it was okay but certainly not some place I would want to stay again. When you were in the restroom you could hear the people in the room above you talking clearly. That was a bit disturbing for me.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank crash1204
gmky165, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2015

I would first like to thank you for staying with us. I'm disappointed to hear your stay wasn't a great experience, but rest assured we will use your feedback to make the needed adjustments to out facility and improve our service for all guest.

Reviewed 11 April 2015

We spent one night here during a visit to Mammoth Cave. We requested a roll away bed, but were not able to get one as they were all being used. Our room with two queen beds was comfortable. There was a pool and complimentary hot breakfast. This was close to all the things we wanted to do. We would come here again.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank ntsmom
gmky165, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2015

Thank you very much for the great review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your trip to Cave City to visit Mammoth Cave. Thank you for staying with us, hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 April 2015 via mobile

Hotel has relatively fewer rooms but very nice. Rooms are quite spacious in comparison to other hotels and decently appointed. Fridge and microwave in rooms. Nice place to stay in Cave City. Kids enjoyed the indoor pool. Had both firm and soft pillows on bed so could choose - nice touch!

Stayed: April 2015
1  Thank Paradise559314
gmky165, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2015

Thank you very much for the great review. It was a pleasure to serve your lodging needs during your recent trip to Cave City. Thank you for staying with us, hope to see you again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2015

We spent 2 nights here while on spring break. I've stayed in much better Comfort Suites & Inns. There were 5 of us (2 children ages 7 & 11) and we had a room with 2 queen beds and a fold out sofa. There were no sheets or blanket for the fold out sofa. Front desk said they were supposed to be in the closet but none were there. At 4:30 pm, we requested the sheets and blankets and the desk clerk gave us sheets at that time but said we would have to wait for the blanket because they were in the dryers after having just been washed. At 8:00 I had to again ask for a blanket and was told they were still in the dryer. At 8:30, we finally received a blanket. The walls and floors were very thin and you could hear every footstep in the room above. If you stay here, ask for the 3rd floor so you don't have anyone above your room. The breakfast area was the other problem. The area is on the east side of the building and the east wall is all glass windows from floor to ceiling. The problem is that they have no curtains or shades. At breakfast, when the sun is coming up, it is blinding in the room. Management is apparently too "cost conscience" to install window shades.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank ClButch2014
gmky165, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online review. I'm very sorry that housekeeping missed putting the sheets and blanket in the closet for your pull out sofa. Also I do apologize that our desk clerk didn't get the items you needed to you right away. Thank you for staying with us, have a wonderful day.

Kind Regards,