“Best place to eat in Bardstown Ky”

The Rickhouse Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #2 of 85 Restaurants in Bardstown
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: An elegant and unique restaurant located in the heart of historic Bardstown, Ky. We pride ourselves on our classic dishes with unique twists. We have an ever growing and expansive Bourbon collection, sold individually as well as in flights. We also have an extensive wine list, with something for everyone. For a memorable, and delectable meal and experience, please join us.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Great place to eat. A bit off the beaten path even though it’s close to the center of the town. Sits in the basement. Great people and atmosphere. Prices reasonable and the food and service were excellent.

1  Thank jrcmets

Reviewed 27 June 2018

While on vacation, we ate at this wonderful restaurant in Bardstown. Located in the basement of an historic building (museum on main floor), the brick walls were intact and charming. Service was great and food fabulous. I had chicken Corden bleu crepes and my husband had the BBQ chicken.

I highly recommend it.

1  Thank marycoons
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We shared a house salad, balsamic asparagus, scalloped potatoes & the pork chop w/apricot chutney... that sounds like it would be delightful doesn’t it? They tell you that the pork chop takes 40 minutes because it is quite large, however it should’ve been taken off the griddle or out of the oven 20 minutes sooner… It was the toughest piece of meat I’ve ever had. The scalloped potatoes weren’t anything to write home about, asparagus was done OK… We did have a very nice bottle of wine, they have a few good bottles on their list. And as I mentioned in my opening the waitress was adorable, that was the best part of the evening.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I read the reviews of this restaurant, and we were suppose to be dining at a motorcycle event, but didn't care for the food being served, so we came here. Was a bit hard to find, we came in the LOUNGE entrance, went to front and was asked if we had reservations, the young hostess had the look on her face that it would be a long wait. So we asked if we could just have dinner at the bar. We went and had dinner with the bartender Shawnda. She was terrific. My husband ( who does not write reviews) is making sure I rave about his dish. It was the BBQ BOURBON CHICKEN, he absolutely loved it , hes more of a steak and potatoes guy, but he could not stop talking about this dish!. I had the the Hot Brown ( which I've never heard of ), absolutely delicious! I had the sweet tea for my beverage which Shawnda was nice enough to bring me a carafe of. My husband tried the Bourbon Ale, which he loved. I had the Kentucky Bourbon Cream in my coffee ( which I wasnt crazy about) . We had the bread pudding which was very good and very fresh! When we got the check I noticed my coffee with the cream was 10.00, that was a little much for coffee, at least give me the coffee ( -3.00) I mean we just eat and have desert and drink. Our service was good, Shawnda was good company and we really enjoyed the food. I saw the manager/owner around, would have been nice of him to come say hi, we're in the biz and its just the right thing to do, not just see how many customers are left. Would HIGHLY recommend this dungeon like( in a very good way) restaurant. Thank you again Shawnda and your sister Robin for a very good evening!

1  Thank Lola1964451
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Rick house is one of our local go to’s for a special dinner. Fine dining with a friendly staff in a beautiful cellar that makes you feel like you’ve been immersed in a true bourbon country setting. Nice wine list and a variety of choices on the menu. My personal favorites are the filet or the chicken cordon bleu crepes.

1  Thank pcecil63