Old Talbott Tavern
US$120
Comfort Inn(Bardstown)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjesse jamesbourbon barstagecoach stophot brownabraham lincolngreat historybourbon trailquaint hotelnewer parthaunted hotelmonday nightcountry fried steakbiscuitshistoric buildingstaff was extremely helpfulopen roomcoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2018

OK, I understand that this place is not the Ritz Carlton; however, what a grand experience! I spent the night in the Jesse James Room and, although I was tempted to cancell my reservation after watch the ghost movie Winchester, I was not visited by any spirits in this reputedly haunted place other than those that were sipped from my bourbon glass! Maybe I'm disappointed.

My room was furnished with wonderful period furniture, and some of the walls were faced with the huge limestone blocks from which the building was constructed. The bathroom was a modern one and well maintained.

The room cost included include a made-from-scratch hot breakfast with eggs and bacon, Couldn't complain about this meal.

By the way, my hats off to the young lady attending the bourbon bar prior to my retiring for the night. She was superbly courteous and kindly.

My room costs were at bargain off-season rates, but I'm convinced that I will return even if the costs are higher. Loved it!!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Stayed in room 105. Has large jetted tub. Very comfortable bed.Secluded and white.
A bit expensive for the area.
Great location. With in walking distance to most everything. Breakfast included in price of room. Staff is very accommodating and friendly., especially Kristina.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful, pleasant stay! The accommodations are adequate (especially considering it dates back to the late 1700s) but the staff makes this an extraordinary experience. From the moment of our arrival the staff was friendly, welcoming and warm. The history of the old stage coach stop is so interesting. Kristina was fascinating and so sincerely personable. She was a wealth of information and made us feel like friends visiting in her home. She alone would have made this trip memorable. Amy was also warm and friendly. The hot breakfast was amazing! The Old Talbott Inn is amazing for the price. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2018

We stayed here on a last minute decision as it was too cold to bring our RV. This is a quaint hotel with a great location allowing you to walk downtown to most places. The 2 girls at the check-in desk were very friendly and nice. They gave us some good information on the property and places to go.
We stayed in the new part of the hotel and found the room to be very suitable and clean. We did ask housekeeping for an additional pillow on day 2 and she was very happy to quickly provide one. That was refreshing as many times housekeepers are a bit crabby. The breakfast plates each morning were very nice, but could have been a lot warmer. The server was very friendly and quick to refill coffee and water.
We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We prefer the newer part of the hotel, but both are nice and clean.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Very conveniently located, right in the downtown area, the Old Talbott Tavern and Inn is the place to stay on your Bourbon Trail adventure. We stayed in the new part of the Inn, the room was very nicely appointed, comfortable and quiet. The adjoining tavern provided a very nice dining experience, both for breakfast and dinner. The tavern has a tremendous selection of Bourbon and is very historic in character and reality. Service was excellent! Highly recommended for your next stay.

Room Tip: One without a ghost.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple