“I'd go back!”

Tropical Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 13 Restaurants in WaKeeney
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I are from Colorado and we came out to Kansas to visit family last week. We took my grandma out for dinner and decided to try the Tropical Mexican Restaurant. Chips & salsa were brought out immediately and were wonderful, as was the guacamole we ordered. I just wish it had come with additional chips. Service was excellent, friendly and very attentive.

Grandma ordered the steak Burrito Grande, my husband got the #11 (chili rellano, burrito, and enchilada), I ordered the #1 (1 taco, 2 enchiladas that I requested be cheese and a choice between rice or beans- I got beans) and we got a side of 3 tacos. Everything I ordered was amazing but grandma didn't care for her burrito (I think the tomatillo sauce was too tangy for her, she's used to green chili made with Anaheim or poblano chiles), my husband didn't care for his rellano (said it was too soggy) and he said the beef got to be overwhelming being in both the burrito and enchilada.

Overall it was a decent Mexican restaurant for being in a small Kansas town. I'd go back!