“Salty Dawg....”

Tucson’s Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Tucson’s Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 135 Restaurants in Salina
Price range: US$0 - US$31
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Schilling and 9th
Description: Enjoy incredible food at reasonable prices in a casual atmosphere. Voted Salina's number one steakhouse eight years running, Tucson's Steakhouse has a commitment to old fashioned quality without shortcuts. This Salina classic's obvious specialty is steak and this steakhouse is best known for its in house, hand cut, Certified Angus Beef. Other favorites at this family owned hot spot include Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, Smoked Beef Brisket, melt in your mouth Baby Back Ribs and specialty seafood selections.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great atmosphere...they could use my Cole Slaw recipe and hold up on the salt.

Just get a steak... it’s what they do. I tried to eat healthy and it was all too salty for me.

Cheese sticks were wonderful. Cheesy corn was anything but.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The internet recommended this saloon/steak house.

For starters the Caesar dressing was watered down and from a bottle, not made in saloon. Croutons were over garlicky.

Steak was fine, but not the tender and succulent as described or pictured in the multipaged menu. Up to this point I was at a 3.5 Star review. I ordered the cheesy corn as the side... it was normal mid sized kernels, but the “cheesy” was nothing more than a soupy concoction equivalent to making velveta shells and cheese and using twice the amount milk, and the milk used was the slimmest of skim milk.

The bread was warm and good.

The service fell flat compared to other saloons I have frequented. This could have been due to the waiter also tending bar.

Price was higher than the quality of service and food provided. If I had a gift card I would return, but order other things.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently took a group of German tourists on a tour of Lucas, Wilson, Marquette, and Coronado Heights which end with an evening meal at Tucson's. The Germans all order steaks and were very satisfied with their meals. Those of us not ordering steaks, not so much. Two of us order the chicken fried steak, a typical Kansas meal, and we were greatly disappointed. The coating was larger than the piece of meat, so our first few bites were nothing but very greasy crust. The meat was tough, even though it had gone through a meat tenderizer. But the amount of grease told me these had been fried ahead of time and kept on a warming tray. I would rate this as the second worst chicken fried steak I've ever had. The worst being a prepackaged frozen product a restaurant in western Kansas tried to pass off as homemade. I only ate half my steak before my stomach told me it had had enough grease. Those in the party who ordered salads were equally disappointed in that their salads were drowning in dressing. I do not understand why cooks think that salads have to have so much dressing. I teach culinary arts classes and that is NOT how I teach my students to prep a salad. So out of a party of eight people, four were happy and four left disappointed. I rather doubt I will return. I'm not a steak person to begin with and there are other options in Salina which provide better eating than what I was served at Tuson's.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

They have great food and service. Not a huge selection on menu, but that's why they make quality real food! I like the bread with butter they serve at the beginning.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were traveling and this steakhouse was recommended by the hotel. We were quickly seated. We ordered and the waitress quickly brought our drinks. It was very crowded and the bar crowd was loud, but we didn’t mind as long as the food was good. My husband’s steak was brought out and the waitress brought me my veggies and potatoes and told me to “nibble”on them because the cook burned my steak. What? After a while my steak came. By this time my veggies were cold and my husband was finished eating. They did bring me more veggies later. Wow. Husband’s steak was ok and my steak was just ok, but we didn’t enjoy the chaos. No offer to discount or comp. Wish we had gone to Longhorn down the street.

Been to Tucson’s Steakhouse? Share your experiences!