“Great Place for Breakfast”
Review of Jimmy's Egg

Jimmy's Egg
Ranked #34 of 68 Restaurants in Pittsburg
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: Your neighborhood breakfast serving delicious, made-to-order food with friendly service! Serving breakfast and lunch all day, every day!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The place was very clean. The service was great and the food was plentiful and good. They kept the coffee filled without asking.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Breakfast or lunch, you can't beat the favor, service and a very clean refreshing place to eat and rest. Great service. They close at 2 PM. Wished they were opened for supper,too.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This review is based on 3 separate, well spaced out visits over the period of time they have been open at this location. You would think that a restaurant with "egg" in it's name would be able to cook eggs to order. They have 3 options, "over-easy", "over-hard" or scrambled. It's not likely that I will be going back.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

First, I believe that it's always appropriate to say something good about a place before I explain what's wrong. So, the corned beef hash here is really good. The complements stop there. Folks, this is an expensive breakfast in my part of the country. I've been to this location 3 time since they opened. I ordered the same thing each time. That order included having my eggs cooked "over medium" in addition I specified that I wanted the whites cooked through and didn't care if the yolks were partly cooked but didn't want them hard. I also asked the waitress if they could make the eggs that way and all of them indicated that yes, of course. EVERY time, it took 3 tries before I finally gave up and ate what was usually over-hard eggs. The hacks in the kitchen seem to insist on fixing over-easy eggs with snotty yolks regardless how they are ordered. Then when they are returned they get pissed off and fry them as hard as possible.
I just don't think it's reasonable for a restaurant that has "egg" in it's name to not be able to fix eggs to order. I won't be back to this location or any other. There are too many other cheaper places that can screw up my eggs.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Went in and the sign said “seat yourself “ so my wife and I sat ourself waited 15 minutes for a waiter or waitress to communicate with us...multiple employees walked past us with no communication or acknowledgement that we were there....wife and I decided to eat elsewhere left without any acknowledgement we were ever walked in the door

Been to Jimmy's Egg? Share your experiences!