“No Mexican works in that kitchen ”
Review of El Lorito Emporia

El Lorito Emporia
Ranked #49 of 87 Restaurants in Emporia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The food in the pictures looked really good. In actuality, the food was the worst. They served me a slice of rotten tomato as a garnish. The fajitas were the worst, pan fried meat, not grilled. Drowned in mushy vegetables.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

I went here with travelling companions because local Emporia residents recommended it. I don't usually go to restaurants that serve alcohol, and this trip reminded me of why.

First, food was, from what I ate, of good quality. I'm not an expert on the matter, but everything that I tried seemed OK.

Service seemed OK, even if it was hard to flag down a waitress at times. The place was stupid busy, so that's understandable.

We were seated next to two ladies that were the better part of intoxicated, and who wanted to engage everyone in eye shot. They seemed to know all the waitresses, and had, by their own admission (bragging), four margaritas each, plus whatever else.

Well, I'm not really one to engage random drunk people in conversation, so I simply tried to ignore them. This really didn't work for them, and they kept escalating to try to get me to talk to them. It did not make for an enjoyable evening.

The pile of empty glassware when they left was a testament to the drinking they had done, and once they left, I was finally able to finish my dinner in peace.

I normally don't go to restaurants that serve alcohol. This seriously reminded me why I don't do that. Should I find myself in Emporia, I will continue to avoid this restaurant, not because of any issues with the food or service, but simply because I don't need drunk people one foot from my head shouting at me to get my attention.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

always a great experince , great service at a good price . good people , great for families. great menu , at the right price .

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Sunday lunch...looking for a South of the border flavor.

Found El Loriro, full parking lot, well kept premises.

Seated quickly, prompt attention bfrom waitress who knew the menu.

Chips warm and crispy and the salsa had nice flavor but we like a little more heat than it had. Still good.

Chicken fajitas were moist, well seasoned and came out of the kitchen quickly and hot.

The Beef Taco Salad was also very well seasoned. Had a nice balance of proteins and freshly made salad.

All in all, a pleasant lunch.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

The quality of the decor can impact one's enjoyment of the food, for sure. Some more updating would make this place match the great quality of the food. I recommend the Burrito California or the Chicken Enchilada Suizas.