Hotel Ancon
Club Amigo Costasur(Playa Ancon)
US$134
US$107
US$100
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Kurhotel Escambray(Topes de Collantes)
US$200
Official Website
Hotel Rancho Luna(Cienfuegos)
US$86
US$73
  • Breakfast included
Villa Caburni(Topes de Collantes)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
Reviews (1 001)
1 001 results
All reviewsseafood restaurantgreat beachlobsterocean viewpublic relationscienfuegos airportfood was finesectioncatamaranclothinghutkilometerssalsajesussingercasildaanimation
FilterAll languages
4 - 9 of 1 001 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Sure the hotel seems to fall apart, food is edible at best(except bread it's delicious and fresh everyday), when we did have water in our room it was cold, our beds were hard and the AC way too loud. BUT YOU DON'T GO THERE FOR THAT! You go for the beautiful beach which is right when you walk out the hotel and extends for kilometers of perfect white sand. Sunsets are amazing and the city of Trinidad is very pretty to visit. So if you can get passed a few issues you won't regret going there.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank MariePierre1235
Reviewed 26 February 2018

I have been going to Ancon for years and yes I know its problems but the staff and location make me come back. When I am there I am surrounded by repeat customers and you can usually find them at Hector's bar. Hector makes the BEST mojitos of anyone. He knows his craft and can stun you with any of his drinks.

Room Tip: Get a room in the new section,
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank marynaturelover
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Typically I am not one to complain, nor am I hard to please. I have decided to write my review on this hotel.
This place has a lot of bad things to be said about it. We were there from the 12th February 2018 for 1 week. What a week it was. Firstly we requested a main floor room as I am disabled and have great difficulty with go up stairs. So they put us on 5th floor and refused to move us until I spoke to my Hola Sun rep but the best I could get was 3rd floor. The elevators were not working when we arrived until the 3rd day. The 1st rooms had badly stained drapes, smelled musty and A/C did not work well. They assured us distilled water was available before leaving for Cuba but this was not the case.
The second room was ok but also smelled bad and we had no water al all for 2 days. When water was restored, all we had was cold water until the evening of day 4 . Then that lasted 1 day and back to cold water. On day 6 ....no water at all for the whole day. They have a 24 hr. Bar to serve beverages but on day 2 theor coffee machine broke and remained that way the rest of our vacation.
I booked an A LA CARTE dinner for 4 of our group and the meal was good. However when we left the restaurant the same way we came, we had to walk through a flood of dirty smelly water. They claimed a pipe had bursted. Our dress pants and shoes were subject to getting wet and smelly ( almost like sewer ). The staff said it would be cleaned up promptly but 2 days later I checked out of curiosity and the big mess was still the same as when we left the restaurant.
In closing I would recomment you stay away from this place. Even some of the staff stated the a lot of these issues were consistent for 3 years or more.
If they don't close this place and spend big mpney to repair it, they will kill their business. One thing for sure is that we do not recommend you stay here. This was our 7th trip to Cuba and difinitely the WORST. I could not imagine there can be any other hotels in Cuba being anymore delapidated condition than this one. As long as we keep going , they will not fix it.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joseph R L
Reviewed 19 February 2018

If you are looking for a 5* hotel please don't even bother looking at this resort! This is a typical 3* Cuban Hotel, the resort is very clean & has a bran new pool that is always empty so very quiet if you don't mind the music that is playing. The beaches are beautiful and their is more that enough chairs for all. I suggest you pay a little more to be in the Superior section of the hotel, I had hot water all week as others that were in the regular room of the main hotel did not and is more peaceful. The food was fine as we need to remember that's it's Cuba so they cannot give what they don't have. They do a BBQ every Thursday on the beach so if you are a pig fan and the spit I recommend not to miss out. The city of Trinidad is about 10 to 15 minutes away and you can always get some sort of transportation for about 10 pesos. The only down side to this resort is the Service, the staff are more busy drinking and partying on the Job then serving you some times and are not very charming as every time your requesting a beer or a sandwich you seem to be disturbing them, especially at the reception were they this simply ignore you . This is the first time I experience this kind of service as I have been 7x in cuba. Overall had a great trip! & if you are looking to go eat Langoust (Lobster) in a typical Cuban environment, please see Antonio he is the bartender at the Costasur hotel a little bit future down on the same road, you will get to see the beautiful Costuasur beach at the same time, it's the best one I eat in Cuba & his wife is so nice, she a doll.

Room Tip: Book a Superior room for a couple of $ more it's monney well spent unless you want to be in a Cell in the regular rooms
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Despite the negative reviews (all true), Ancon is what I go back to for the safe swimming along a beautiful beach. The hotel is right on the beach. It has new and plentiful beach chairs and shade. The swimming pool has been renovated and has enough lounge chairs and good showers. If you treat your room as a place to sleep the night after a day outside, you won't mind the tepid water (28 degrees or so?), the loud window a-c units ( I slept with only the fan working) and had no problem with mosquitoes on the fifth floor. The food could be much better even with limited ingredients. By dinner, it all looks like slop. Flies seem to love the cafeteria. Fruit is almost non existent. Great place for the geriatric crowd on a budget and for those who love safe swimming with no need to watch out for motor boats, wind surfers, catamarans, and speed boats.

Room Tip: go above the third floor to avoid mosquitoes. Bring peanut butter and nutella for breakfast variety.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo