“Don’t go on a Friday or Saturday ”

Miah's Spencers Wood
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Whilst the food is good getting it can prove to be a challenge. I usually get a takeaway and on the last 3 attempts this has been disappointing.

Attempt one: arrived and ordered the food, specifically asked how long it would be and was told 30-40 minutes. Having been continually misled on how close my food was 2 hours later I was on the way home with it.

Attempt two: decided to order and have delivered was told about 1 hour 15 mins delivery time - over 2 hours later food arrived and it was at best warm.

Attempt three: called to order and said I would collect. Explained my last attempts and so wanted reassurance on timings - they told me to arrive after 40 mins and assured me the food would be ready. I arrived after 45 mins and no food. Loads of people sat waiting some for over an hour after they had been told it would be ready. I waited over half an hour and was about to cancel when my order arrived, before others who had waited longer. When I got back found I did not get what I ordered and was given probably the worst curry I have had in a long time. Possibly more concerned to get me out of there than have a happy customer. Whilst I was there people also left the restaurant as they had been waiting too long for food.

Ash on the front desk constantly misleads and suggests food is almost there.

Very disappointing and I will not be using again. It would be better if they were honest when you ordered so you could decide if you wanted to order or go elsewhere.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I enjoy a great day at Miah's Spencer wood . I was with my familly and everything was perfect . Delicious food , good personel.. They threat us with soo much respect , i will come again .

Thank you soo much .

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Following a recommendation from friends we booked a table for 6 people, 3 couples for 8pm. On arrival there was confusion over our booking, we were eventually seated on a table which was too small for 6 people, tucked in a corner. We waited at the table for 15 minutes to place our drinks orders, which took a further 15 minutes to get to us. 15-20 minutes later we were given some poppadoms which we hadn’t asked for, however at least this gave us something to eat whilst we waited for a waiter to take our food order which was over an hour after we arrived. The food eventually arrived at around 10pm, which from first dish being placed on the table took over 10 minutes for all our food to arrive. Some of the dishes were cold and we didn’t want to send it back as it took so long to arrive in the first place. The food was very bland and unimpressive even though it was rated spicy on the menu. Just as we had finished our food a very sweaty chef dressed in a tee shirt, came to our table and made a very poor attempt to apologise that the food took so long to come out. He made an excuse that there was poor communication in the kitchen which had led to the delays. We were not the last group to be seated but we were the last to get our food. We eventually managed to leave about 11:30pm after chasing the bill and having to go to the bar area to pay the bill as there were no waiting staff paying any attention to us at all, which was the case throughout night.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

I've been eating at Miah's both takeaway and in the restaurant since they opened, over these years I've tried many others restaurants around the country (as I'm a lover of Indian food) and nothing comes any where near the quality and flavours of Miah's. The staff are fantastic, knowledgeable and always open to advise on trying new dishes........ Don't forget if you want more or less spice in your dish they are more than happy to accommodate :-) Thank you Miah's (Mr Alan)

Reviewed 31 August 2018

This has been our 'local' for over 11 years now. Excellent food whether you eat in or have a take away. Always friendly service - and when I call for a take away Ash always recognises by voice and calls me by my name. Highly recommend Miah's for the best food in town.