“Impressed!”
Review of Maggie's Farm

Maggie's Farm
Ranked #43 of 286 Restaurants in Iowa City
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This was our first visit and definintely not our last. Susie our server was excellent. Food was fresh and plentiful, also very flavorful. Pizza sauce was wonderful, as was the crust. My husband really liked his canneloni. We shared the burrata appetizer; yummy. The salad that came with the entree was huge and the not just lettuce, plenty of veggies and a great lemony dressing. The restaurant is cute, not too far from our home, so we will definitely return.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Maggie's Farm Pizza manages to straddle the line between a neighborhood gastro-pub and an upscale dining facility. They serve principally Napoli-style pizza - less cheese, very thin crust, 10 inch pies - but they are divine. For those who wish a true Italian pizza, their Margarita is as close as one can get in Iowa. They always have menu items not listed on the menu, and serve fresh and locally sourced food for most of the menu. The pizzas are baked in brick ovens, and according to the staff who work the restaurant, there's nary a microwave in the building.

They also bake their own bread - which is spectacularly good - and make a limited selection of gelato on site.

Their wine menu is reasonable, and if you are not familiar with their selection, ask for a sample of two or three to get a sense of your preference.

The interior is comfortable, interesting to the eye, but not fussy at all.

In general, it's a wonderful place to dine without spending huge amounts of money, be treated like welcome guests, and find yourself pleased with the fare. Try the cannelloni - it's marvelous.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

My husband and I had been wanting to try Maggie's Farm ever since they opened. This is our new favorite place for wood fired pizza! We split two different types of pizza and both of them were very tasty. The waitress was also very nice and let me sample two types of wine before I made my decision. Overall we had an excellent experience and we will return so I can continue to work my way through the menu :)

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Maggie's Farm Salad is so fresh and tasty. From the lemon vinegarette to the creamy feta and pistachios it was wonderful! We had family in for the weekend and ordered pizza, meatballs, burrata and salad and nothing disappointed. We decided to order the salad again as an addition to our meal the same weekend. The service was wonderful as well. The only suggestion I would give them is I wish they had a lighted sign facing Melrose so I knew when they were open. I often drive by and wonder. I want to know when they are open so I can stop more often!

Reviewed 25 April 2018

This was my first visit to Maggie's and first time to taste wood-fired pizza. Wow what a treat. The feta cheese ,with cherry tomatoes, and garlic pizza with a bit of olive oil was fantastic. The great olives served were also just great.