All reviews rooftop restaurant within walking distance junior suite beautiful hotel barn door discounted rate great location highly recommend this property cooked to order breakfast top floor public garage modern decor staff was extremely helpful ped mall hotel guests mini fridge room was spacious
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Nice clean new hotel, however upon check in there was no mention of my Diamond status. I had to ask for/about:
1. Breakfast
2. Waters
3. Upgrade

When I went to get breakfast they didn’t ask my room number, just gave me a bill so I had to remind them every day that I was Diamond.

Side note, their half and half creamer were all expired (like two months ago expired), I only noticed because it curdled in my coffee and when i asked them about it they just shrugged and said sorry it’s all we have. So I skipped coffee the whole time.

Everyone was nice and I will stay again, but it wasn’t amazing service.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Lindsey A, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Iowa City Downtown University, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you chitowntink for the feedback regarding your stay with us! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We look forward to the possibility of serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We planned a family reunion at this hotel and really had a wonderful time with the exception of one bad experience. My children and I heard a staff member named Frank being really racist and derogatory about other staff. He didn’t think we could hear him because he was on the other side of the staff elevator but it was very clear in the hallway. The elevator door opened and he hushedly finished his sentence. Not a good experience.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Lindsey A, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Iowa City Downtown University, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thank you AnnaCostello for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful time with us minus the one bad experience. I am terribly sorry to hear those comments were made from a staff member of ours. We do have a very diverse staff at the hotel and I am surprised to hear this. This will be addressed as soon as possible. Again, I do apologize that this was said but I do thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to be able to have the possibility of serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

The Hotel was absolutely beautiful. The location was prime spot, could of walked anywhere to shop or eat. Didn't get to try the VUE restaurant, next time will do that. Very clean and all updated.
Wished we would of checked in sooner than 8 at night. Needed more time to enjoy it.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you leta1216 for the 5 star review regarding your experience with us! I'm glad to hear the location of our hotel worked out well for your needs while in the Iowa City area! We appreciate your feedback and hope you'll be able to come back to visit us again and enjoy Vue Rooftop as well!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

My stay was for business. I enjoyed the cleanliness and style of hotel, organization of rooms and overall service. We dined on the rooftop and really enjoyed the food and view. Look forward to staying there again when it's not in a construction zone.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Lindsey A, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Iowa City Downtown University, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you daniellejohnson2018 for taking the time to fill out a review for us regarding your recent stay! I'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy Vue Rooftop while you were staying with us as well! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

I was traveling for business and this hotel was recommended. The staff was great, very friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very good. They had my favorite, fresh berry and yogurt.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Lindsey A, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Iowa City Downtown University, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you donjol for the recent 5 star review regarding your stay with us! I'm glad to hear the room was clean and comfortable for you! We appreciate all of the nice comments and we look forward to the possibility of serving you again in the future!