All reviews valet parking valet service within walking distance sitting area location is great excellent stay oatmeal free breakfast king bed business trip definitely stay here again great room farmers market room was large front desk staff east village free shuttle
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for one night and were very impressed. Beautiful room that was very large. Much nicer than I what I normally get at Hyatt or Hyatt Regency hotels. Breakfast was also very good. Location is ok - most restaurants and bars that we were interested in were 10-20 minute walk from the hotel. Price was reasonable.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Karina G, Gallery Host Lead at Hyatt Place Des Moines Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you so very much for writing us a review! I am so happy to hear you had an overall enjoyable time with us here in Des Moines. We certainly take pride in our spacious, and beautiful rooms! Although our location may be a walk from attractions, our hotel does actually offer a complimentary shuttle that goes around the immediate downtown area. I truly hope next time you visit, you two can take advantage of our shuttle!! Thank you once again for your positive response!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Hyatt always delivers and makes me feel welcome. Always a great night sleep and a quick check in. The breakfast was really good. Great selection of warm food, good coffee, excellent staff, comfortable and quiet beds.

1  Thank Heidi A
Karina G, Gallery Host Lead at Hyatt Place Des Moines Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are truly flattered by your kind words regarding our rooms, breakfast and staff! We would love to share another wonderful experience with you soon! Thank you again for your lovely review.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

This was a great place to stay in Des Moines. It was very centrally located downtown. Price was reasonable and the hotel was surprisingly quiet at night. The staff was
awesome and remembered me every time I saw them. I recommend highly!

1  Thank ldingoal

Thank you for writing us a review. I am beyond glad to hear you had a great experience with our hotel! Our staff strives to make personal connections with our guests to make for a homey stay and I am glad that reflected well with you! Our hotel's location truly makes for a convenient way to travel around the downtown area! Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2018

The staff was not helpful at all. The rooms were like old small, dingy apartments. They were humid and the sheets were dirty and had yellow stains on them. We didn’t stay. We left the same night we checked in.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for writing a review for us! I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your time with us. We will certainly use your feedback to review with our housekeeping staff regarding these issues to make sure it does not happen again. I hope we may be given a second chance to provide you with a much better experience.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Though you pay for valet parking, they DO offer courtesy van which we took advantage of. (Very accomodating & friendly driver - Troy - I believe) Skywalk connection helpful. Plentiful breakfast. Great beds & room size. Friendly staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Karina G, Gallery Host Lead at Hyatt Place Des Moines Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for writing us a review! I am very glad to hear you utilized our shuttle! I will be sure to pass the compliments to our transportation host, Troy. Thank you for the kind words on our breakfast, rooms, and staff!