“Slow Service”

More-itz
Ranked #8 of 9 Restaurants in Drimmelen
Price range: US$15 - US$100
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Yesterday I took some of my employees on a motorcycle tour around Tilburg. 9 of us had lunch (on Saturday) at this restaurant. When we arrived we were the only patrons in the restaurant. We received a friendly reception since we had reserved in advance and had a very nice table virtually on the water. The restaurant is very tastefully decorated with very nice views of the water and yachting marina. After we sat down it took about 20 min for the server (his name was Mike) to offer us some drinks. After we ordered the drinks it took another 15 min for the drinks to come. After we received the drinks it took more than 20 min to take our food order and after we ordered the starters it took another 30 min for them to arrive. When the server first took our food order he did not know what the daily specials were and did not know the catch of the day either (what else is there for a server to remember...). After completing the starters it took an additional 40 min to bring the main course. It was virtually impossible to order more drinks because except for bringing the food this was the only time to order more drinks, basically our waiter hardly came past our table even though there were virtually no other guests in the restaurant, about 3 other tables in this huge place. The food selection and taste was good, however this restaurant is failing miserably on their service. I hate to think how bad the service will be if the weather is good and they are busy. Honestly even took 20 min for them to bring the bill and the only reason they eventually bought it is because we all suited up and proceeded to head out of the door. The bill was around Euros €560 which is reasonable for the quality of the food. I explained to the other waiter who brought the bill that the service was lousy and if they had given us better service we would have all ordered much more drinks and dessert for sure which would probably have been an additional Euro €250 (minimum) of spend. He did not apologise but simply acknowledged our complaint. The owners and management were present and I am dumbfounded why they would not try to give their patrons the best possible service and experience. I begrudgingly still gave the waiter a Euro €50 cash tip (I always tip even if service does not meet expectations) which I barely got a thanks for, however would have gladly given €125 tip if we had received good service. We arrived at 11h45 for lunch and departed at 14h15 (ridiculous!). For the food and the atmosphere of the setting I would normally return, however due to the really lousy service I will unfortunately never return. My advice to visitors is if you want good service (or even medium service) don't dine there, however if service is not important to you, it's a great place.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

I'd been told about this place by friends and made a point to visit on a recent trip to the Netherlands. I was greatly impressed, the staff were friendly and helpful. The location and views over the marina was simply a very pleasant place to enjoy a few afternoon drinks, very relaxing and calm. The decor was very much to my taste, Swiss Chalet meets hunting lodge. I'm looking forward to going back on my next trip for a meal.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

What a perfect venue in the netherlands.
This new place opend in 2016 is one of the best spots for dining , drinks and lots more
we had diner many times here and although some people inhere where very disapointed , i agree that in the beginning there were some flaws in the quality but sind late summer it all aproved in the right direction and you can not avoid this place anymore

Reviewed 7 December 2016

The food is not bad, not good either, but the price asked for this not bad food is beyond average. But worst is the staff. Arrogant, incompetent, the walk around like they don't want to be there. The location is great, at least when the sun shines. This was a once in a lifetime visit, there are better places to go, much better places!

4  Thank betchawanna
Reviewed 7 August 2016

This place reminded me of my home country, Switzerland. It is a beautiful wooden chalet on the side of the water, near the harbour. Perfect Dutch/Swiss combination! The waitress was very nice and the food was very good. It is a chic place to eat or chill out. I will definitely come back!