“Delicious and creative recipes!”

Scratch Cupcakery Coralville at Iowa River Landing
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Coralville
Price range: US$2 - US$5
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Love these cupcakes! We had 5 people in our group and we each had something different and we all enjoyed them equally! Parking could potentially be an issue so have some patience and don't give up, you won't be disappointed. I also found their pricing to be very reasonable. I will have to go back and try their other flavors as well as some of the cookie dough that is also available!

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Stopped in on my way back to home state. Cupcakes have interesting flavors...300 of them. Flavors vary by day and location. Will definitely stop in again.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

It takes a lot for me to write a bad review on TripAdvisor, but our visit to Scratch was extremely disappointing. I'd visited the West Des Moines location a view years ago, and so was excited to discover that we had a location nearby where we were living for the year. It's located in a cute newer development area in Coralville. However, when we stepped in the girl working just stared at us. I was happy to browse for a bit as I was trying to make up my mind about what type of cupcake I wanted, but before I'd even been looking for a minute she asked "Are you getting a cupcake or what?" Why would I have come in if I wasn't planning to get something? I told her I was just trying to decided and she gave a big heavy sigh, like I was putting her out. I wish I could chalk it up to she'd had a long day, but we stopped in just an hour after they opened for the day. Even after getting our cupcakes (which we decided to take to go, seeing as how she didn't seem happy to have us there,) the cupcakes were ok, but not nearly as great as other places I've visited. I strongly recommend heading into town to Molly's instead seeing as how they are always willing to offer suggestions and in my opinion have much better tasting cupcakes as well.

ScratchCupcakery, Owner at Scratch Cupcakery Coralville at Iowa River Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

I'm so sad to read this review and I'm so sorry this happened. Thank you so much for taking the time to post...we can't fix the problems we don't know about, and your feedback is incredibly valuable!

If you'd be willing to provide us with a bit more information, would you email info@scratchcupcakery.com? We'd love to know the date and approximate time of your visit so we can work with the appropriate staff person for both customer service re-training and discipline. We take poor customer service very seriously...employees are the first and last interaction someone has with Scratch and it's very important we get it right every time!! We have had instances of poor customer service in the past and all of those employees have been let go...we have such a high value of our customers and this just never ever should have happened!

Were you able to visit with a manager during or after your visit? We do have a manager on site all day every day and I'd really like to visit with them about what happened and how it was handled as well. We take every ounce of feedback, good and bad, as a learning opportunity and I want to be sure we've not only resolved this internally, but follow up with you as well.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review. Again, your feedback is very much appreciated!

Natalie Brown
Owner, Scratch Cupcakery

Reviewed 1 May 2018

These cupcakes were so moist and flavorful. We wish we would have gotten more to take home with us. We had the Loaded Peanut butter cup and the Salted Caramel. The flavors in the toppings/icing were on point.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I love their cupcakes so much. we used to live in iowa city and would always have their cupcakes. Even with us now living in Denver, I still think that their cupcakes are the best! super glad we got to stop and get one each day of our stay in Coralville. they are always super great as well as the super great staff!!!!