“The Perfect Lunch Spot for Travelers and Local People.”

Three Samurai Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 131 Restaurants in Coralville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I have been eating at Three Samurai for about ten years now.
I order tea, miso soup and usually a lunch bento box.
I noticed a new option on the lunch menu—the chicken teriyaki bowl. It comes with miso soup. I ordered the matzusaka roll too. A delicious meal with wonderful flavors. A generous portion size too. And consistently great service. About $20.00 for lunch—25.00 with the gratuity. If you’re traveling on a road trip box up the leftovers, put them in your cooler and eat dinner at your next lodging stop. Enjoy.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We've been coming here for years. It's a relaxed atmosphere and delish! I've never had bad fish, or bad service. We come here with staff, family or friends, it's really good for any occasion.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I don’t like to be an overly negative reviewer, but this place disappoints us each time we go there.
When we first moved here this place was great! That was 2007. Since then, even when they aren’t busy I typically wait to be seated. The staff is very aloof, and don’t seem to acknowledge at all that they take so long.
Something simple like Pho, takes 30 minutes to get. Dishes aren’t timed to come out together with the rest of the table. They aren’t very good with young children either.

The food is good, but more expensive than comparable places.

I wish they’d get there drive to be great back because we used to LOVE this place.

I can’t speak to the tapenyaki (sp?) because I’ve only had it once and it’s like all the others.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

My wife, daughter and I, visited Three Samurai around 4pm on February 25th. It took quite a bit of time after we walked in and were standing at the entrance to the dining area to get a server to welcome us. After that, our server was great. It took a crazy amount of time to get our meals after our order was taken. Thankfully we were in no rush and it just seemed odd that it took so long. The quality of the meals made up for that. I had a Subarashi Roll. It was amazing! I then ordered the Yakisoba, with Chicken. It was quite tasty. It was a rather large plate of food and I ended up taking quite a bit home for leftovers. Both my wife and daughter enjoyed their meals and also had a good amount for leftovers. It had been a while since we last visited Three Samurai. I will certainly visit again.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We have been going here for 15-20 years. Food is good but the service has gone down hill. The waitress/waiters are very serious untrained. We stopped in on Sunday no hostess ever showed up to seat us or let us know what was going on. Finally sat at a booth took 15 minutes til the waiter brought water then he said kitchen is backed up by a hour. It’s not a big place and the servers are awful