“Disappointing Food”
Review of Daisy's Garage

Daisy's Garage
Ranked #53 of 447 Restaurants in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for dinner one night at about 5:45 pm. Place was empty except 1 large group. Service was spotty and the waiter/bartender was more interested in talking to his friends than serving us.

The food was average at best. I had a hamburger with wedge fries and my husband had the BLTE with tater tots. His BLTE didn't come with mayo and the bacon wasn't crispy. I honestly could have made this meal at home. There was nothing interesting or great about it.

Seems like this is a better bar/happy hour place.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

This is a small bar that offers a wonderful menu. I had the steak and fries Po' Boy which consisted on shaved rib eye, steak fries, gravy, tomato, onion, green pepper and pickles. Very tasty! I had a side order of Tater Tots which are also good. The bar has pennies under resin. The bartender told me there was a pregnant waitress who had to limit her activity so she put the pennies together. Another unusual thing I noticed is that a slice of bacon is served with Bloody Mary's

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

First and last time for me. We first ordered beer. My beer was flat. Husband's was okay. Ordered an appetizer with no olives. Came with olives. My second beer, flat. Meals came out. Something was wrong with 3 of the 4. I ordered the Mahi sandwich and received Mahi tacos. Once corrected there was no slaw. Brother in law ordered the A-1 Burger. No A-1 and no bacon and never received either. Sister in law wanted jalapeños in quesodilla. No jalapeños. My husband ordered a second beer and never received it. The waitress was not great either.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

This really is a bar, but with plenty of food options that were all better than your average bar food. My group had fried pickles and loaded nachos with shredded beef to start, and both were good. For dinner, I had a spinach salad with grilled chicken that was nice and fresh, and a side of mac & cheese that was great comfort food. My friends had a burger, mussels, crawfish and a few other things, and everyone was happy. This is casual, with the food served in plastic baskets on paper and similar things.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

An very funky and cool place for dinner and drinks--the décor was very kitschy and amusing. The servers are all super cool and Donny was so funny it was almost like having a floor show. All the food was excellent. The poor boys were so huge, you could not close them without eating some of the contents. The crawfish boil was spicy and tasty and they did not skimp on the amount. The salads were very good--if you go for that sort of thing at a true Nawlin's restaurant. The fish and chips were superb. The tap beer list was very good and included things like Shiner Bock and Guiness--yum. For a larger party, they do multi-ingredient seafood broils where you pick the seafood. Go to this place and eat.