“This is a great place for lunch”

Village Meat Market & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 466 Restaurants in Cedar Rapids
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Czech
Description: We are 1/2 authentic meat market specializing in smoked meats and Czech sausages. Cold cuts and cheeses also. 1/2 cafe'. We have live Music on Saturday and Sunday Mornings. Everything we s=do here is from scratch. All of our meats are featured in menu items in our cafe' Czech and Cajun influence.
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I often go here with coworkers for lunch. The smoked meats and czech options are both really good. Try the cajun rubin for an interesting take on a classic sandwich.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Since we were just in town for the day, we wanted some authentic Czech food. This place has it! My daughter ordered the goulash. It was delicious but not at all like what my mother called goulash when I was a kid. It was more like seasoned pot roast with dumplings. I got the sausage (made in-house) with candied sauerkraut. Also delicious! The prices were very reasonable and the service was great.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

We made it in just before closing on a Tuesday night. The young man agreed to make us a Schnitzel to go - with red cabbage, potatoes, rye bread. It was fantastic!

Back again for breakfast - it was hard to choose but "Jill's Pancake breakfast" was fabulous. Delicious bacon, hot fresh eggs and a magical pancake! So delicious!

Kind folks, great atmosphere. Really not to be missed!

Reviewed 15 May 2017

We were in town for our daughter's graduation from University of Iowa. We just stumbled upon this place while driving through the Czech Village. My wife had the chicken salad with NO mayo, which I thought was a special kind of mayo since they always put it in upper case. Actually, the chicken is so juicy and tender that they don't need to use mayo. I tried it and was surprised at how good it was. I had the Butcher Loaf Sandwich which is basically a burger on french bread. It was very good too, as were the french fries. Everyone there was super helpful, enthusiastic and happy. Very enjoyable.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

On Saturdays they have live music which was nice, it's a small home feeling kind of place, the entire staff is super friendly and willing to help you out with dietary restrictions. Had the hamburger which they say if ground fresh, and you can sure tell. One of the best burgers I've ever had.