“excellent asian food”

Ranked #20 of 466 Restaurants in Cedar Rapids
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Chinese & Japanese Cuisine! Sushi House offers the finest in Japanese and Chinese cuisine in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. We are open for lunch and dinner and have a full menu of fresh sushi, shashimi and traditional dishes to choose from. Let Sushi House show you a dining experience, not just a meal. When you start your meal at a Japanese sushi restaurant, you'll first be given a Oshibori (hot towel) to wash your hands especially in the high-end restaurants. We suggest that you wash you hands first before you have your meal. Since sushi can be a finger food, it is a good idea to utilize. Visit us today for an unforgettable dining experience with family and friends. Sushi House offers the most delicious Japanese and Chinese food in the Cedar Rapids, IA area. We have been serving our customers for more than 7 years with a menu of authentic cuisine guaranteed to wet any appetite.
Reviewed 21 June 2017

this is probably the best Asian food in Cedar Rapids. the sesame chicken is really great as well as the sushi itself. I also recommend the Pad tai if you like something with a little kick.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

If you like quick and friendly service and consistently good food, this is the place for you. My wife and I have eaten at Sushi House many times over the years. The sushi is always good, and the Japanese and Chinese selections are very tasty as well. I can't say I have ever had a bad meal. The prices are very reasonable and usually the wait for a table isn't very long. We keep trying to be adventurous and try other places but none can match their speed and quality. The only thing I would say they could improve is to get a bigger and fancier place!

Reviewed 10 April 2017

I will start this off by saying I hate sushi. I don't eat it and the only reason I tried this place because a friend said they have great Chinese food too. I agreed to go and man, they were right. I actually wish they changed the name because people may not come because they may think it's only sushi. But...I also hear from my sushi loving friends that it's crazy good. Their menu has any and all of your favorite Chinese dishes. From Sweet and Sour Chicken, to Ter. Chicken to all of the fried rices.

This place is so good, they should franchise it.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

Don't let the name scare you away like it did me. I only tried it because a friend wanted to meet there. I was surprised by how much I liked it. I had the Teriyaki chicken lunch box the first time I went. It was excellent. I tried a Chinese Cashew Chicken lunch and found it also pretty good. This is some of the best Chinese and Japanese (non-seafood) food in the area. It is well worth the try. The service was also very good both times I went.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

The lunch specials are great value and excellent food. Tried steak balls for the first time. It is added to the list of favorites. Ginger Crispy Beef is unique and a family favorite.

Date of visit: March 2017