“Fantastic food, good wines, great service, lively atmosphere!”
Review of Lincoln Flats

Lincoln Flats
Ranked #50 of 171 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I love Lincoln Flats! The food is out of this world good. My two favorites are the "Pig Candy" appetizer and the Turkey Schnitzel entree. The Pig Candy is thick slices of bacon fried with a brown sugar coating. The slices are large, and we eat them with knife and fork. Absolutely scrumptious! I'd never had turkey schnitzel elsewhere and a server recommended it to me. It is fantastic. I've had it three times so far. Soups are delicious. Every dish I've had at Lincoln Flats has been superb. A couple of times, my boyfriend and I sat at the bar and enjoyed drinks and a cheese board with yummy meats and cheeses. Perfect when we go later in the evening and don't want to have a big meal. Oh, and did I mention the desserts are fab as well? :)

The staff here is friendly and welcoming. Servers are knowledgeable about the menu, which I always appreciate.

The only reason I did not give Lincoln Flats five stars is the noise level. The high ceilings and lack of drapes or upholstery amplify the sounds of the animated crowd and it's very difficult to converse without shouting. It's always very noisy when we go there. I heard a manager tell a customer that the owner is working on a solution to the noise problem.

I highly recommend this excellent restaurant to those who want to enjoy a fine drink and excellent food, whether it be appetizer, entree or dessert.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

The food is great with a diverse menu, turkey schnitzel is my favorite. The service is awesome, everyone seems to enjoy working there which makes it a fun place to visit with friends and meet new people. Our server Rick did a fabulous job. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

This restaurant has it all, Great food, Great Atmosphere and terrific service. It is also a fun place to go with friends and family,

Reviewed 7 May 2018

I love the décor and the location of this restaurant, we had a nice experience but I would say the food wasn't the greatest I have ever had, slightly bland. The overall experience was good; service, atmosphere but I had high expectations based on reviews and was slightly disappointed. I will try again over the summer to see if it is any better.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

When optometrist Dr. Steven Buck inherited the old Buck’s Shoe Repair building, he had a dream to open a comfortable, casual bar/restaurant. However, he did not know anything about the restaurant business. Thank goodness he sought out expert advice. Lincoln Flats has been THE place to be in Valparaiso especially on Friday and Saturday nights, as well as most other nights of the week. Borrowing the turkey schnitzel recipe from the now closed Strongbow restaurant and mixing a combination of affordable and higher end menu choices allows families on a normal night out as well as couples out on a special night out to find an excellent meals. Lincoln Flats is a welcoming, friendly place, but get there before 5:30 pm on the weekend to avoid a wait.